Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Hollywood Bananas Over Bush Billboards

Hollywood Bananas Over Bush Billboards

A barrage of billboard messages expressing gratitude to Hollywood for its "help” in re-electing George Bush is about to hit Tinseltown.

Hollywood elites are not happy with the development.

Citizens United, headed by former Whitewater investigator David Bossie, is set to release this week three billboards in view of the Kodak Theater – where the Oscars are to be held later this month.

The billboards will – with a touch of sarcasm – "thank” Hollywood for helping to re-elect George Bush.

The ads will feature such liberal celebrities as Michael Moore, Whoopi Goldberg, Ben Affleck, Martin Sheen, Chevy Chase, Barbara Streisand, and Sean Penn -- all of whom the billboards credit with the President's November victory.

In the two versions of the Citizen’s United ad, both thank Hollywood for their unwitting help in returning the President to the White House.

One of the ads expresses gratitude for "4 more years" and the other says with glee "W. Still President."

Already word of the billboards has Hollywood in a tizzy and the Citizen’s United campaign has been featured on CNN and Fox News.

Making the experience more painful for the disappointed Hollywood big wigs is the location of the three billboards - their proximity to the Kodak Theatre, home of the Academy Awards.

Worse, the billboards are set to be displayed for the entire month of February, which will have them proclaiming their message on the night of the Oscar awards on Sunday, February 27.

The billboards are the creation of Citizens United, a group that advocates a return to traditional American values.

Said Citizens United President David Bossie "We're taking on Hollywood. We've done it in the past."

That past includes producing "Celsius 41.11," a documentary exposing "the truth behind the lies of Fahrenheit 9/11," the Michael Moore anti-Bush schlockumentary.

Citizens United said they may place more of the billboards around Hollywood and Beverly Hills if the public supports their efforts.

Here is a large picture (for your desktop) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Hollywood Bananas Over Bush Billboards

[ QUOTE ]
Citizen’s United

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, WTF is this?

Citizen's Union LOL

Hail Soviet Union!

LOL
Old 02-02-2005, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hollywood Bananas Over Bush Billboards

A barrage of billboard messages expressing gratitude to Hollywood for its "help” in re-electing George Bush is about to hit Tinseltown.

Hollywood elites are not happy with the development.

Citizens United, headed by former Whitewater investigator David Bossie, is set to release this week three billboards in view of the Kodak Theater – where the Oscars are to be held later this month.

The billboards will – with a touch of sarcasm – "thank” Hollywood for helping to re-elect George Bush.

The ads will feature such liberal celebrities as Michael Moore, Whoopi Goldberg, Ben Affleck, Martin Sheen, Chevy Chase, Barbara Streisand, and Sean Penn -- all of whom the billboards credit with the President's November victory.

In the two versions of the Citizen’s United ad, both thank Hollywood for their unwitting help in returning the President to the White House.

One of the ads expresses gratitude for "4 more years" and the other says with glee "W. Still President."

Already word of the billboards has Hollywood in a tizzy and the Citizen’s United campaign has been featured on CNN and Fox News.

Making the experience more painful for the disappointed Hollywood big wigs is the location of the three billboards - their proximity to the Kodak Theatre, home of the Academy Awards.

Worse, the billboards are set to be displayed for the entire month of February, which will have them proclaiming their message on the night of the Oscar awards on Sunday, February 27.

The billboards are the creation of Citizens United, a group that advocates a return to traditional American values.

Said Citizens United President David Bossie "We're taking on Hollywood. We've done it in the past."

That past includes producing "Celsius 41.11," a documentary exposing "the truth behind the lies of Fahrenheit 9/11," the Michael Moore anti-Bush schlockumentary.

Citizens United said they may place more of the billboards around Hollywood and Beverly Hills if the public supports their efforts.

Here is a large picture (for your desktop) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the areas they are going to put up these billboards are going to cost a pretty penny. Its nice this group prefers to spend money on brash gloating and arrogance instead of a more just cause. How many of our troops are without equipment that they would love to have?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:28 AM

A fair question, but I feel compelled to ask: How much do you give (above and beyond taxes of course).

It's times like these when I'm reminded of the Bill Maher poster: "Put an American Flag on your car! Empty Gestures don't win wars."

Cody
Old 02-02-2005, 11:41 AM

Sounds like you need one of these:

Old 02-02-2005, 11:45 AM

No I give no support of any kind, save for the occasional pats on the back of my soldier friends, to our troops. I just don't like people who bring them up in situations like the above.

Cody
Old 02-02-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A fair question, but I feel compelled to ask: How much do you give (above and beyond taxes of course).

It's times like these when I'm reminded of the Bill Maher poster: "Put an American Flag on your car! Empty Gestures don't win wars."

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure the cost of these billboards is going to go way above beyond what my salary will be as a teacher next year. If I had the means I'd love to give.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No I give no support of any kind, save for the occasional pats on the back of my soldier friends, to our troops. I just don't like people who bring them up in situations like the above.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bring up the troops to make myself look more holy, I could have said a number of things, give the money to cancer research,..ect. I used troops because as a Democrat i'm told time and time again that i'm a terrorist and my oppostion to the war is hurting the troops. I don't see how spending money on billboards does anyone any good.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:59 AM

Maybe this one would work better:

Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 PM

You do have the means, doesn't your money spend just as well as their's. Every little bit helps.

Cody