Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: allvegaspoker for AC?

[ QUOTE ]
All taj tournaments are no rebuy, and a couple are sub $100 buy-ins. I believe wednesday is like a $60 buy in.

Also, the rooms at the borgata are beautiful. Call ahead for the poker rate if you know you are going to be staying. I have also stayed at the trop, in the new building which is alright, but no where close to how the quality of the Borgata. Only nice thing about the trop is that the Quarter is really nice and I love eating at PF Changs. If you're looking for a decently priced meal at Borgata check out Noodles of the World and try the chicken pad thai. I wish I was eating some right now...

I'll be at the Borgata on Thursday if any of you guys are gonna be there let me know and ill keep an eye out for you.

-Yarney

[/ QUOTE ]

I had no idea PF Changs was in AC ( I feel in love with this place when I lived out in San Diego), thats great news. I ate at NOW twice during my two days and had the chicken pad thai both times, sounds like we like the same thing. How is the sandwich show down in the pokerroom? The wife has let me off the leash and set me free to AC tomorrow. I'm sure midweeks are slow but I'm hoping it picks up at night. I plan to get the poker rate at the Borgata (great deal). I've never played outside the Borgata, the real reason I started this thread. Hope to see I few of ya down in the pit.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:21 AM

I like PF changs and applebee's, are there any more quality places to eat in AC for a regular poker player.

Also what is up the Pat's cheesesteak's building IN AC, but is closed down and from what I saw at the original in philly, they say that the one in AC is a fake?
Old 02-01-2005, 08:46 PM

The sandwich shop in the poker room at the Borgata is so so. The cheese steaks are good, but stay away from chicken fingers. I thought they might make a good light snack but ended up throwing most of em away.

Midweek poker action at Borgata is actually heavier than you probably think. I like ot make day trips where ill get there at 1:00ish and play for 10 or so hours. Its rare for the table to get any less than 7 handed and even then you can just transfer to another table.

I started my poker career at the Borgata as well, and although I have had good experiences at the trop and taj its still my favorite. Hopefully ill run into some of you guys at some point.

-Yarney
Old 02-02-2005, 07:23 AM

The Sept 20 issue of 'Poker Player' had a good round-up on page 14. The archives can be found here.

Hope that helps,
Andrew
www.pokerupdate.com