Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Help! can\'t focus while at the table....or elsewhere

Thanks for the info. fwiw I have been diagnosed, but I moved and changed jobs/insurance so I just never followed through on treatment. I'm trying to find a doctor here, but there's not much choice for physicians who specialize in ADD (and are covered by my insurance) in my county...Guess that's what I get for leaving the big city [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 03:36 PM

If you're in Bellingham, go here Northwest CHADD to find some professionals in your area.

I'm not a member of CHADD, and I've never attended one of their meetings, but from what I hear, if you go to a meeting, you can probably get even more leads on local professionals who are knowledgeable about ADHD.

Regarding insurance... I have to pay for my medication out-of-pocket and it's worth every penny. I get it from my family doctor, who has my psych reports. I think most physicians are willing to write ADHD prescriptions as long as they have the backup documentation in case the DEA comes down on them. Just find a Psychologist who is willing to work with your regular doctor, and you may be able to use your current doctor and insurance.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:08 AM

thanks for the link! I'm checking it out now.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:12 PM

Have you been using playerview or gt+ ?

I've been feeling slightly similar to what you described that when i play online i have been paying less attention and making poor plays and felt like I was spinning my wheels.

It's probably totally coincidence, but i was looking over my stats to try to notice anything...and i realized my game sort of flatlined right around mid november...when playerview came out and i started using it religiously...

Then i thought about it more and having all those stats in my face i think may have possibly hurt my decision making process and cause me to pay less attention because hey i can see their vpip etc without even watching...

So I tried playing without it for the last few days, and my results have been great... I feel better when playing, feel like I am making better decisions and am having better results overall...

Now again, this is probably all coincidence or my own psychological thing with these stat tools, but just something to consider maybe.

good luck