Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Blackjack question, re: probability

Anyone know how to calculate how much of a bankroll would be necessary for a certain amount of betting per round. Example. If I was the house, and the players were placing bets totalling $300 per betting round, with 50 betting rounds per hour. How much Money would I need to start this endeavor in order to never go broke?

This is all hypothetical of course

Mooks
Old 01-31-2005, 05:18 PM

Default Re: Blackjack question, re: probability

[ QUOTE ]
How much Money would I need to start this endeavor in order to never go broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing this is hypothetical, because you'll need an infinte bankroll to NEVER go broke.

And wtf is with all the crossposting lately?
Old 02-01-2005, 12:38 AM

Why do you say an infinite amount of money would be necessary. How much money does vegas need to run one $10 min, $500 max table..... $50,0000? If i were to set the same table up in my house...... would 50k work?

MOOKS
Old 02-01-2005, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you say an infinite amount of money would be necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because even if you just ran a $1 table and $1-billion there is still that 0.0000000000000000000000001% chance that your 1 player will win 1-billion hands in a row (actually, probably even less than the number I posted).

You want it to be completely IMPOSSIBLE to never go broke and this simply can't be done.
However, you can get it to a point where it would be EXTREMELY UNLIKELY to never go broke.

It would be roughly the same as poker-bankroll or black-jack card-counter requirements.

If you set-up the rules so that you have a 1% advantage or so then you will have a small chance of going broke if you have 300BB's....and even smaller if you have 500BB's for your one table.

If you set the table-max at $500....and had 1000 BB's ($50k) then you would probably be pretty safe. But this is ONLY assuming that your players are playing at a 1%-disadvantage the WHOLE time. If you deal a counter-friendly game and you have a player who knows how to take advantage of this to it's fullest extent then this player will have the ability to BUST YOU if you keep letting him play.

If you're going to do this you best learn how to either deal an anti-counter type of game OR if you are going to deal a game with rules reasonable rules that are exploitable you better know how to identify a counter because they could destroy you.

If you don't know how to spot counters or how to set it up so that the game isn't particularly counter-friendly then I would be VERY interested in coming to your game.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you deal a counter-friendly game and you have a player who knows how to take advantage of this to it's fullest extent then this player will have the ability to BUST YOU if you keep letting him play...

If you don't know how to spot counters or how to set it up so that the game isn't particularly counter-friendly then I would be VERY interested in coming to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested in coming to the game too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] But you or I will not be able to "bust" Tunica or Vegas. While what you say is theoretically true, you have to remember he'll have 3-4 other players at the table that will be donating.

So if he had a home game with 5 players, with 1 counter, his expectation wouldn't be to bust, but less than if all were donators.