Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: PartyPoker Player\'s Club - BUY a partypoker million IV package!!!

probably not.

maybe reachable if you do it during their happy-hours when the points are doubled....4a-2p EST.

also...you already missed the first happy-hours period (which ends in a few minutes) whereas I am almost 3k hands ahead of you....but I have NO DOUBT that you are feeling better than me right now because i am REALLY tired and kinda feel like crap!!
Old 02-01-2005, 02:30 PM

I just checked my point breakdown from January. On the 21st I played 5/10 6 Max for 8 hours, with 4 of those being happy hours and I still only accumulated 2719 points. Unless you play extremely high stakes, this is not worth the time and effort. Us 5/10 6 Max players would have to play all 10 happy hours plus 4-5 additional hours to have a chance at 30k points in a week.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably not.

maybe reachable if you do it during their happy-hours when the points are doubled....4a-2p EST.

also...you already missed the first happy-hours period (which ends in a few minutes) whereas I am almost 3k hands ahead of you....but I have NO DOUBT that you are feeling better than me right now because i am REALLY tired and kinda feel like crap!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, since it seemed impossible to reach when I thought I had 7 days, I'm certainly not gonna try now that I only have 6 and a half. Why wouldn't Party give more advance notice? I'm sure it's in their best interest to have as many ppl as possible knowing and trying for these.

On a side note, this is pure genius by Party Poker. There will be probably 150-250 people seriously trying for these and the extra rake generated must be astronomical.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:36 PM

If I would have known about this 6 days ago then I would have made 30 - $500 deposits and would have gotten 30K points today... DANGIT!

If they are willing to let a PPM IV package go for 50K points, then their PPM IV freerolls should be 10 entrant SnG's not 500 person MTT's 500x5000points = winners of the MTTs got screwed compared to the lucky bastards who made 30 - $500 deposits 6 days ago :P
Old 02-01-2005, 02:44 PM

The only way I can think of to virtually guarantee a seat is to have your account playing 24 hrs a day. You would need a friend or two and play in shifts. Then once the seat is secured, pay your buddy a fair amount for his hard work.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:56 PM

Don't they just give you points for depositing money? Just spend the whole day making cashouts and deposting money to your account.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:04 PM

i have to admit im a little pissed at party for this, although i agree its genius on their part.

i had 20k points and i completely blew off 10k points last saturday playing in idiot freerolls. i played completely crazy in them and dont think i made it past level 1-2 in any of them. i have no interest in the PP gear so i figured the points were complete garbage and figured if i doubled up 4-5 times in the freeroll i would take them serious. i didnt and i wasted 10k in points.

IF i still had the 20k points in my account, i think the thing to do would be to work in shifts with 1-2 friends. i have a couple unemployed friends (well, theyre employed by playing poker) and they would certainly have agreed to play on my account when i couldnt to have the account running 24 hours a day.

since im surely not the only person who has thought of this, this means that if you DONT have your account running for 24 hours a day, i cant imagine you have any chance whatsoever to be in the top 20. certainly 20 people are doing this out there and will have the 30k points in the next 3-4 days, making it pointless to try if you're playing by yourself for a measly 14-16 hours a day.

so, microbob, youd better find someone to play your account for you if youre seriously going to try to get there. good luck and let us know how you're doing.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:04 PM

3rd time i've covered this and the 2nd time in this thread (and someone else already mentioned it again also). ....

you do not receive points for your deposits until AFTER you leave the money in there for 7 days...if you cash-out earlier than that then no points.
depositing funds now will just get you a whole bunch of points 7 days from now when the qualifying period is concluded.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:15 PM

yeah...i admit i hadn't considered the team-aspect.

i honestly don't know any poker players well enough to let them onto my acct. not sure if i'll make it or not.

i got in 3k hands today during happy-hours....mostly at 10/20 ....so i'm doing pretty well so far and probably have more than 4k points already in this thing.

Some have mentioned 150-200 players going after this which may or may not be correct....and others think 20 teams will get together and play 24-hours a day and take all the spots.

in either of these scenarios i would have virtually no chance.
i'm not sure there will be 20 teams though. maybe....just not sure. but i'm definitely NOT liking my chances the more I think about this.

oh well...it was a profitable stretch of 3.1k hands.
and MAYBE there will only be 10 or so 24-hour teams and MAYBE I really will have a chance on this ...asuming I even stick with it all week which is a pretty big assumption.
If I get tired of it or am convinced I'm not going to make it or if anything reasonably not-that-important comes up I won't be that sorry if I have to drop it.

but some Pacific waters in a a couple mths courtesy of the fine folks at partypoker WOULD be really nice IF I could find some way to actually pull this off.

okay....i'm exhausted after my first 3.1k hands...time for bed...
thank god...that actually felt like real work.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:49 PM

This should be quite easy. Go to the street and find 15 random people woth a computer. Ask them if they would like to get paid 50 dollars to play on party poker?

Let them register. You pay them 50 dollars of your own pocket. Make sure they play 50 games to release their bonus. You will get paid 1-3k players point for each.

Vupti, in a few hours you have 30k points and have bought a package for less than 1k

I wish I had 20k allready...

Wabby