Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Fold/Raise/Call small PP on button

I have been reading these forums for a while but don't recall a discussion about this. I was playing PP 2-4 the other night and got pocket deuces on the button. The table was a little on the tight side, but not overly so. UTG or UTG+1 called (I don't remember which) and it was folded to me.

I thought about it for a second, and realized I had no clue what I should do. Calling seemed wrong, but raising an EP limper with that hand also seemed wrong. Ultimately, I ended up folding because I couldn't (in the short amount of time I had) figure out what my strategy would be after the flop.

What do people do in that situation? Is this an easy fold? Does it matter if you thought the blinds and the limper would all call? Are you betting the flop no matter what in that case? I felt totally lost...

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Fold/Raise/Call small PP on button

This is very read dependent on the blinds and UTG, IMO. The last thing you want is 2 or 3 opponetns with 22. I think this is either a raise or fold situation. Raise it if you think you can knock out BOTH blinds and you can scare off UTG. (Even then, what if the flop is 59J?) That said, I think this hits the muck most of the time, unless I'm feeling sassy. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2005, 02:27 PM

muckety muck 100%

other than flopping a set, there is no way to play this hand postflop with any sort of confidence.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:29 PM

Location: For the love of God and all that is holy, MY ANUS IS BLEEDING!

My butchered hand w/ a bisonbison thrashing