Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2005, 09:26 AM

Default Ragged 2-pair from SB

Second orbit with few reads but a couple of hands previously, the river bettor (MP2) had tried a bluff raise on the turn against my AQ on an 88A8 board then folded to my river bet.

When the turn card completed 4 to a straight against 4 opponents, I was a bit lost and chickened out.. when it got back to me I reckoned I was getting enough implied odds to go for the boat.

River seemed an easy call in this big pot.

All comments appreciated.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 02-01-2005, 09:42 AM

Default Re: Ragged 2-pair from SB

I think your play is fine, but I think not slowing down on the turn is better. If raised, I call a raise then check/fold the river UI.

I like your river check/call since being raised would make me hate my hand but I'd probably have to call.

edit:
[ QUOTE ]
When the turn card completed 4 to a straight against 4 opponents, I was a bit lost and chickened out.. when it got back to me I reckoned I was getting enough implied odds to go for the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of the time they have overcards or a single pair, and not a 4, or a bigger two pair, or a slowplayed set. Until I get raised, I believe I still have the best hand (albeit more vulnerable) on the turn. This is why I think betting the turn is best.