Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 08:00 AM

Default No way I call this river right?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (18.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

Should probably have called cause the pot was so big right?
Was my fold too weak?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:31 AM

Default Re: No way I call this river right?

Reads would be useful here.

I think I'd cap the turn, then bet/raise the river. Apart from 66 or 89 i dont see what beats you. I think most likely hands are A4-A8 and they picked up 2-pair/straight draw.

Please bear in mind though, i'm still a newb [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 AM

I'm capping the Turn. I wouldn't give him credit for 98 just yet, and if he does have it, I still have 10 outs to beat him, meaning I'm a 3.5:1 underdog and I'm getting 3:1 on my money.

And yeah, I wouldn't fold the River getting 12:1 and there being a decent chance this guy is just going nuts with two pair.

-Brian
Old 02-01-2005, 03:10 AM

Thanks for the advice. It turns out UTG did have 98 and the BB had AJ for two pair. Was glad I didn't muck the winner but upset that i lost all the same. But I guess next time I'll cap the turn and call the river. I guess it was an even worse mistake folding since i had no reads on anyone and it being my first hand at that table? I actually thought that when the BB raised that maybe they both had straights so i paniced and bailed. Also i was wary since i got raised on the turn. I have trouble discerning when to be aggressive and when not to be.