Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Give me your Top 5 movie scenes of all time

Casablanca - "heres looking at u kid". the song "A kiss is just a kiss", and the infamous end line "Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" (which they added in to the move last minute before release in a voice over!!)
Old 01-31-2005, 10:26 PM

Give them credit here. Lord of the Rings was extraordinarily well done except for some of the hobbit acting (Bilbo very good, Frodo good but needed to be great, Samwise not so good, Pipin and Merriwether well done). How can you put several hundred pages into 3 hours of film? You can't. They did very well cutting out some things that should have been edited out of the books, like all scenes with Tom Bombadil.

Ok, my two most annoying scenes in LOTR: Pippin and Merriwether giving the wise words speech to the ents - ridiculous - and the three-slow-motion-arrows to kill the tempted Borderman what's-his-name.

Matt
Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read the Lord of the Rings at least every three months, and the silmarillion just as often, if not more so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, and I thought that bursting into tears over a floating plastic bag was sad . . .

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give them credit here. Lord of the Rings was extraordinarily well done except for some of the hobbit acting (Bilbo very good, Frodo good but needed to be great, Samwise not so good, Pipin and Merriwether well done). How can you put several hundred pages into 3 hours of film? You can't. They did very well cutting out some things that should have been edited out of the books, like all scenes with Tom Bombadil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understood this, and was ready for it, but then Peter Jackson added in all sorts of non-sense that wasnt even in the books o make it more aggreeable to a wider segment of audiences. he changed the characters, he changed the dialogue, and he changed entire aspects of the story. I didnt agree with this. Also, most of the acting in these movies was beyond bad.

Like i said though, i do own all three movies, in the most expensive version possible.

peace

john nickle
Old 01-31-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I read the Lord of the Rings at least every three months, and the silmarillion just as often, if not more so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, and I thought that bursting into tears over a floating plastic bag was sad . . .

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly as sad as the rest of my life, but hey, i enjoy it.

peace

john nickle
Old 01-31-2005, 10:59 PM

Cruel Intentions - SMG going "You can put it anywhere" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Or slightly more seriously note the first part of the Monty Python and the Holy grail still cracks me up when I see it on tv with the black knight, the witch, and peasants arguing about forms of government....