Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Wild hand at the Rio

Friday night at the Rio. I just sat down at this 3-6 table and this was about the 3rd or 4th hand, so no reads except....UTG was a drunk, obnoxious, twenty something playing loud and LAGGY and evidently lucky judging by the huge stack of chips.

Here's the hand.... drunk UTG straddles, cowboy in EP makes it 9 to go one MP caller and I 4-bet from LP with QQ. Doughboy on button calls 4 cold and drunk says "wut hav i shtartud?" and calls. Cowboy caps. All call, 5 players paying $15 to see the flop.

Flop comes 8 high, rainbow. Drunk checks, cowboy bets, MP calls, I raise, doughboy calls 2 cold. Drunk folds, cowboy 3-bets. I had initially thought that cowboys PF 3-bet was to isolate the drunk and could mean just about any hand. Now I'm not so sure. MP folds. I contemplate a re-raise but just call. Doughboy calls.

3 to the turn with already over $100 in the pot. Turn is a K that complets the rainbow. Cowboy bets, I call, Doughboy calls.

Turn is a blank. Cowboy bets, I call, Doughboy calls.

Cowboy shows AA, Doughboy shows AK, I show QQ for 3rd place.

Is there anywhere I could have reasonably got away from this hand? I had little confidence in my hand after the turn K but there was so much money in the pot I couldn't fold, could I?

The story had a happy ending though. I made $90 at the table in 2 hours despite this horrific start. Drunk boy lost most of his stack and cowboy needed a new pair of boots anyway.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Wild hand at the Rio

It would have been a damn good lay down if you had made it, but that would have been really hard. With no reads on the players except the drunk, and that board, it looked pretty good for the Qs. However, since you dont know that much about the other players, once the K turns, i would say that while bitching "dammit the king fell" you should fold. The only way you could read the aces is if your hand reading skills are off the charts, i think.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Results :

You fold, cowboy shows JJ, Drunk shows A8, and cowboy takes your pot.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Results :

[ QUOTE ]
You fold, cowboy shows JJ, Drunk shows A8, and cowboy takes your pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Butter side down"