Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Poker Superstars Episodes

Anyone know where I can get the first 12 episodes of The Poker Superstars Invitational that was aired on Fox Sports Net?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:47 AM

Default Re: Poker Superstars Episodes

You can either come over to my house and watch it on TiVo or turn on one of the Fox channels. They seem to be on almost 24-7.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can either come over to my house and watch it on TiVo or turn on one of the Fox channels. They seem to be on almost 24-7.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 01:41 PM

they ran them all in a row on friday after thanksgiving. it was sweet. whoever is marketing that show is a mess, though, as the show started back in the summer, and has had a 2-3 month gap between the last round and the final, which is supposed to air around the superbowl.

i love the idea, but hate the execution.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:24 PM

Do they have any websites that recap the order of finishes for the shows that have already aired? The structure is pretty confusing if you just watch the TV show.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they ran them all in a row on friday after thanksgiving. it was sweet. whoever is marketing that show is a mess, though, as the show started back in the summer, and has had a 2-3 month gap between the last round and the final, which is supposed to air around the superbowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw a promo for the finals on TV yesterday. It will be on next Sunday at 4pm EST. And the finals are on NBC [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Fox is doing the Super Bowl, with the pregame from 2-6pm and the game at 6pm. I thought they did a decent job of giving the early games enough time to really see a few things, and now they are cramming the final into 2 hours.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:42 PM

I thought the finals were supposed to be live.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i love the idea, but hate the execution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I Tivo'd them all, BUT I forget to mark keep until I delete and when The Travel Channel ran their WPT marathon, it deleted all my Poker Superstars shows.

I live in Iowa, and the problem I have now is Direct TV has Comcast Sports Chicago as my local sports network, so I do not get Fox Sports Net any longer. Which means no Superstars re-runs.

I was hoping someone might have all 12 episodes that they could burn to DVD or record on VHS for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the finals were supposed to be live.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.