Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 10:29 AM

Default General Q: Limping with pocket pairs

Do you guys think there's ev in limping with small pocket pairs in your typical 2/4 pp game? I feel like it gets raised too much to show a profit with the smaller pairs, but perhaps i'm just getting unlucky. if you dont limp with say 22-77 in early position, where do you draw the line, 99? how about middle position, limp with anything? am i crazy
Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 AM

Default Re: General Q: Limping with pocket pairs

you have to be more specific. if its raised and tons of players cold-call.. i love it. if its raised and no one calls, i hate it.

in general, baby PP's are playable UTG at 2/4. don't open limp in MP though. and be cautious if only one limped to you in MP.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 AM

Really depends on the table. At 1/2, I normally don't limp with anything less than 77 in EP since there is so much PF raising. But I raise with 99 or better in MP and sometimes 88 in MP2-3.
Small pairs I will limp with 77-55, and 44-22 usually only if there is atleast 1 limper in front.
I'm not sure how tight 2/4 is, but most games at 1/2 are usually VP/PFR = 22%/6%.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:38 AM

i realize that after a few people limped the baby pps are a screaming limp, but i am talking about being first in limping with them. for example, limping UTG with 22-77. even limping first in mp1 with 22-77. miller says do it but i think you need to be a bit more cautious because the 2/4 games are generally too aggressive?
Old 01-31-2005, 11:00 AM

Miller only suggests limping with 22-66 in very loose and passive games such as the typical 3/6 B&M game, but recommends only limping with 77-99 in tight games (3-5 players to flop). Probably you would do well to start with his tight game recommendations and modify them as you see fit to suit the style of the table.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i realize that after a few people limped the baby pps are a screaming limp, but i am talking about being first in limping with them. for example, limping UTG with 22-77. even limping first in mp1 with 22-77. miller says do it but i think you need to be a bit more cautious because the 2/4 games are generally too aggressive?

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? that's the question i answered. if, when it is raised behind your UTG limp, *no one* ever cold-calls, then limping is worse than at a table where tons cold-call anyway. you have to be more specific than just "aggressive table". loose aggressive and tight aggressive are quite different..

then you asked about MP, so I said when you have to be careful about openlimping or being only the second to limp in MP.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:25 AM

cool, ty