Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Anyone having problems receiving emails from Empire?

Anyone having problems receiving emails from Empire, or any other Party skins right now?

I got a popup on Empire that said they had troubles delivering an email, but it said the email was dated in August. I did not get any tournament summaries, however, from Empire or PokerNOW in my recent sessions either. Last thing I tried was re-validating my email address at Empire and I got nothing in return.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem. Perhaps my ISP (comcast) is blocking these emails now or something?
Old 01-26-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Anyone having problems receiving emails from Empire?

I got the exact same pop up a few weeks ago...dated in August. I suppose in retrospect I should have emailed them or called them to figure it out, but I just changed the email address to another account and it's working fine now.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM

There was another thread yesterday about this subject.

I had the same problem yesterday morning and my ISP is Comcast too. I got the "August" popup from Party. My only other skin is Multi and I couldn't get mail from them either. Attempts to reverify at Party were futile because the code email didn't come through.

Switching to a different Comcast mailbox on the same master account fixed the problem. When I switched back the problem was still there.

I emailed Party support and then called them. The phone call did not help except they told me that my email service provider was rejecting the messages. Next I emailed Comcast with as much detail as I could. Then I got a message from Party support last night with the verification code and it worked. End of problem at both skins.

I got an email from Comcast this morning asking me to call support. I ignored it because there was nothing left to discuss.

IMO someone read one of my emails and quietly fixed the problem without admitting it. I'm not sure who.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:11 PM

This is trippy man. Because I had the same thing happen to me, the popup was talking about my email not being valid, back from Aug 17th. I think i've been getting this popup for a while, but finally got sick of it today. I talked to support, and you do need to validate your email and then it will go away. I tried to do this and never received the validation email. I called them and they gave me the validation number over the phone, I put that in, and no more popups. So that's all you need to do, and for some reason Party's emails are not being sent out properly. It is a problem on their end whether they know it yet or not.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:15 AM

For anyone that has had this problem, I just got this popup when logging on to Party to work on BONUSJAN. I looked up the e-mail they sent me when I changed over my e-mail address and typed in that code. It seemed to go through fine. I'll update if I have any future problems.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:03 AM

Happened to me too on my web mail