Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 01:29 AM

Default TPTK on scary board out of position - what do you do?

PL cash game. Money not massively deep. I have about £350, button has a little under £300. Other stacks not relevant. Player on button is best player in game.

I raised pot in late position with AQd. The button called as did about 4 other players. There was around £70 in pot.

Flop came Q94, all hearts. Everyone checked round to me. I bet the pot, the button flat called and everyone else passed. Turn was a blank. I checked, button moved all-in, I passed.

This is the sort of hand I have nightmares with. Do I just have to accept that I must give up this hand since a good player has position on me and enough chips to put me to a decision? Or could I have played it differently,

I know the button could have made the same move with pretty much any two cards. Am I able to call with less than trips, or the AQ with the Ah in my hand? I am totally at a loss for what to do in this type of situation. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-31-2005, 09:05 AM

Default Re: TPTK on scary board out of position - what do you do?

The guy clearly had you down as weak-tight. (correctly)
Old 01-31-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Re: TPTK on scary board out of position - what do you do?

you dont always have to bet into all those players when the board is suited. but since you did, you have to decide what he may have. you dont have alot of money left so a call is cheap relatively.
if you think some of his possible hands may be the suited ace then call. your action loks like you will fold for a bet. so a bet from a good player means much less.