Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Because only dumb guys take it seriously

[ QUOTE ]
I guess millions or Iraqis are dumb guys too. I am guessing you thought the 50 million who voted for Bush were dumb guys as well.

hmmmm....everyone is dumb but you and the liberal whack jobs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Utah is my new favorite poster.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is typically backwards conservative logic. Conservatives promoted and praised sanctions against Iraq, even after it was clear that the toll was hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can send foreign aid to other countries whose leaders promote killing their own people, etc, if you want. I prefer to think the people most responsible for killing citizens are that country's own leader(s) who should obviously realize that what they do is not in the best interest of their country. Go ahead and tell me Saddam cared more about the people of Iraq than the U.S. does.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: 200,000 \"Zarqawi goons\"?

[ QUOTE ]
Alger is so desperate for misinformation now he seeks out a rag that calls itself a newspaper for support of his positions.

I say kill more Arab terrorists and let us read about it in the frigging Sunday Herald. LOL

Please Alger retract you tabloid news folly and read what the good General really said Here.

Alger are you so gullible to believe half the crap you read and quote from unreliable online sources? I've seen others compliment you on providing sources for your outlandish lies but I'm pretty sure they never bother to research your bullsh*tt sources for reliability or accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even know what the SUnday Herald is? It's a perfectly respectable middle of the road Scottish weekly. It is not a tabloid. Its reports of what the general said were broadly accurate and echoed in countless other news outlets throughout the world. It will no doubt astound you to discover that there are respectable news outlets outside of the US.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Those who want the Iraqi people not to have food on their plate just because it would be an embarassment to that which they hate.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is typically backwards conservative logic. Conservatives promoted and praised sanctions against Iraq, even after it was clear that the toll was hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi kids. Now that they're culpable in murdering them outright, they pat themselves on the back for putting "food on their plate," and pretend that opponents of starvation, murder and torture like myself hate their wonderful accomplishments. Reprehensible, but par for the course.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-31-2005, 07:16 AM

"You can send foreign aid to other countries whose leaders promote killing their own people, etc, if you want. "

The sanctions did not merely prevent foreign aid being sent. THey strangled the country's econmomy and starved millions of people of the basic needed for life.

"I prefer to think the people most responsible for killing citizens are that country's own leader(s) who should obviously realize that what they do is not in the best interest of their country. Go ahead and tell me Saddam cared more about the people of Iraq than the U.S. does. "

This is the whole reason teh sanctions were stupid. They relied on Saddam Hussein of all people to care about the plight of his people. The very man who is being paraded around as the incarnate of all historical evil. They washed their hands of responsibility for the Iraqis' fate and left it even more in his hands then it had been before. And they brushed away any progress that was made on the issues the sanctionwe re supposed to address, prefering to see the Iraqis continue starving - for 12 years.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:33 AM

The sanctions did not merely prevent foreign aid being sent. THey strangled the country's econmomy and starved millions of people of the basic needed for life.

Really how did Sadaam maintain a 200k man military then?? How did he continue to develop weapons systems?? How did he lavish his sons and clan members with the finest European sports cars, caviar, and champaigne???

If I made 100k a yr, and was taxed 70k, then spent 15k on poker would it be the government starving my children or my own gambling habits??

(The arguement being if I wasnt taxed and still spent 15k on poker my children would easily be taken care of)

Im still shocked that the same liberals who spend 15 minutes writing long involved and somewhat impressive messages here, about all sorts of myriad subjects, cannot grasp logic that seems easily understood to most 10 yr olds.

It really becomes a question of not wanting to know, I suppose, rather than being unable to understand.

THE SANCTIONS DIDNT KILL ANYONE, SADAAMS MANIACLE SPENDING ON ALL SORTS OF THINGS THAT WERE OF NO BENEFIT TO HIS PEOPLE DID.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:48 AM

"Really how did Sadaam maintain a 200k man military then?"

Did you see what shape that military was in at the time of the war?

Saddam's spending on vanity projects and luxuries for himself and his family were obviously disgusting. But if all that money had have been rediected to feeding his people it would not have made an enormous difference. You just have to look at the figures to see that the country's GDP collapsed; that's what happend to the country. Saddam had always indulged in such things and yet Iraq was the most prosperous country in the Middle East for years. Furthermore no matter who much momey he had have spent, there were plenty of things Iraqis desperately needed that the sanctions committee would not let them buy. No matter how virtuously a government behaves, there is little that can be done for a country that previously relied almost entirely on exporting oil in order to import basic substances and is now being denied both the opportunity to sell its oil, reinvest in its oil infrastructure, and import much of what it needs.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: P.S. on your parade

A few days ago on NPR, a reporter was interviewed about whether the Iraqis engaged in any Western style political campaigning. Some mosques simply gave their members a list of candidates to vote for whereas others told members not to vote, claiming voting a work of the devil. One group did distribute leaflets for candidates, while ahead of this group, a truck stood filled with men training guns on the distributors. The reporter implied or felt that the men were coerced to distribute the leaflets.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:05 AM

A few days ago on NPR...

Stopped reading here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2005, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A few days ago on NPR...

Stopped reading here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the truth hurts, its just so much easier to turn to Fox and curl up in the arms of Sean Hannity and have him tell you everything is ok. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]