Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Party player points and \'freerolls\' - what the hell are you guys o

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Party player points and \'freerolls\' - what the hell are you guys on?

Hey, Party is going in the right direction.

Remember a couple of months ago when they didn't even have player points?

Remember a couple of weeks ago when they didn't even have merchandise you could redeem with your points?

Remember a couple of days ago when there was absolutely no way to turn your points into cash (freerolls)?

Party is going to continue to improve and add more ways to use your points. Instead of whining, maybe you should write PartyPoker a letter and encourage them to keep heading in the right direction, and offer some suggestions for new items they should add. This letter would be worded nicely of course.

Also, considering how easy it is to get points, don't expect to get any cash back unless you have hundreds of thousands of points.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Party player points and \'freerolls\' - what the hell are you guys on?

I think these multi-table freeroll tourneys are great! I hate buying into MTTs because I feel like I'm emptying my wallet into a toilet and flushing it, but I really enjoy playing in MTTs. I agree that the freeroll MTTs are -EV timewise, but I look at them like a free lottery ticket -- maybe I'll get lucky and place high in the money.

I definitely like the Party freerolls more than the Stars FPP tourneys because the Party freerolls pay actual cash whereas the Stars FPP tourneys are just satellites into bigger multis. The chance of me ever getting any cash out of the Stars FPPs is almost immeasurable whereas I almost cashed in a Party freeroll yesterday.

I too think Party is moving in the right direction. In addition to the Party Points freerolls I have received $485 in bonus money from Party this month alone.

The only complaint I have from Party is that SnGs aren't counted towards the raked hands required to clear bonuses. However, this is offset by the fact that I now play SnGs on a Party skin through an affiliate that pays me 25% rakeback.

We all would like to get more of our rake back from Party, but I think Party is doing a pretty good job now as far as perqs are concerned.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Party player points and \'freerolls\' - what the hell are you guys o

[ QUOTE ]
It's not like we were all huddled around like a football team, yelling "break!" and running off to the 50 cent freerolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahaha well said.

For me, I do see a little bit of value in the freerolls. I'm a small stakes limit player who would eventually like to get into a bit of tourny playing. If I can get into these tournies for mere points (while they aren't offering anything better at the moment) and get some cheap tourny practice then all the better for me - even if they may not play exactly like a tourny with a respectable buy in. Bottom line, it gives me some cheap tourny practice. The point for me wouldn't be so much to win money, but to get a bit of practice apply what I've learned before I throw a chunk of my bankroll into tournies (as much of it is set aside for me normal game at the moment).
Old 01-26-2005, 07:09 PM

I have no problem with what they are offering with the player points. I think it's pretty good when comparing it to other sites.

I do have a big problem with them charging .50 rake at the 5.00 level and .75 at the 12.00 level. I won't play there anymore unless clearing a bonus because of that. Before they raised the rakes I was a full time player there, even without any bonuses.

I'm afraid by supporting them with the rakes they implemented will only encourage other sites to raise theirs. That would be bad for online poker in my opinion.
Old 01-26-2005, 09:25 PM

party's player points are better than nothing, but i still prefer empire's vip club. i just wish their vip club tourneys had more than 1 payout, and were nl instead of limit.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to think of better reward programs out there, and there could be a better one... nothing is coming to mind though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ultimate Bet's reward program rocks. They have a long list of merchandise that I'd actually want to own (books, electronics, etc ...) and you can also use Ultimate Points for tourney entries. Party's is a joke so far, but I guess it will probably slowly improve.

B.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Party's is a joke so far, but I guess it will probably slowly improve.
B.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bzzzzz - check out their new 'limited time only!' PPM IV freeroll, half the 'value' of their silly faux rakeback freerolls they had already. Not only are your points worth half as much as they were before, it's a no limit tournament, many of the people signing up won't even realise they're playing in a satellite for a limit tournament.

I do actually agree with you, in the long term people will realise that the points as they are are completely worthless unless you want to practice extremely low value MTT strategy and don't want to sign up to another site which offers regular cash added freerolls.

The real worry is they put in some half decent 'rewards' and add on a more rake (again) to finance them, leaving the clueless majority happy and everyone out of pocket.

Hey, I'm a capitalist, they're well within their rights to do whatever they want, we as consumers need to know when we're getting fúcked up the arse though.

The Rev
Old 01-31-2005, 07:43 AM

Yap, its a good start for PP, the rewards aren't the best but sure is improving.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:54 AM

Hey all,

Last night I won the Party 5K 1000 point buy in freeroll ( Here's the thread Party Freeroll ) The top prize was $1050 and I was really happy to win it. BUT, considering the tournament started with 2,064 players, it was a hell of a 6+ hour grind to get there, and only the final table paid anything over $100. If it had only been one of those goofy $5+1, I think the top prize would have been at least double what I made.

I think the happy medium is that you should play in these for fun or for experience. If someone makes $20/hour playing 3/6, then these things are a definite pass unless you want to mess around. But for a 1/2 limit 10+1 SNG marginally winning player like myself, it's a cheap afternoon of fun.