Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2005, 11:53 PM

Default QQ middleposition

Was in MTT on Ultimate Bet and picked up QQ in MP. Blinds were at 20-40 One player in EP limped and the rest folded to me. I made a raise to 120 with my queens, and the player to my left and original limper called. I had been watching the EP player and noticed he was playing very marginal hands in early position and calling raises with less than premium hands. The flop came three spades all rags. EP checked and I bet half the pot where the next player folded and the EP position player raised me twice my bet. I had a Q of spades in my hands and seeing the hands he was playing I pushed all in only to get busted by his made flush. (KJ spades) Was my push incorrect or maybe just call his raise and decide on the turn what to do. Or would a fold have been correct?

Thanks in advance for your input
Old 01-30-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: QQ middleposition

That kind of player likes to play suited cards.You were in the beginning of the tournament and the blinds were very low so you did not need to risk so many chips in that pot imho.The point is that you were re-raised and from my own experience these players do not slowplay hands so be careful. Good luck next time
Old 01-30-2005, 11:09 AM

Default Re: QQ middleposition

The key to this hand is how the villain has been playing the other flops with his speculative hands. Have you seen him check-raise and fold to an all-in? Have you seen him check-raise and take down the pot and show a bluff or a strong hand? You have to decide if his check-raise is a bluff or a sign of extreme strength. In low buyin tourneys when a poor or average player check-raises they usually have it so you have to consider folding.