Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 08:44 PM

Default Re: The Errors I Saw

Having editors and having technicaly capable editors are two different things. In the past they posted AK vs some pair as 48/52 on their website and then proceeded to show AK vs pair vs pair with AK > 1/3 and state, see, AK loses value with more pairs. Clearly you would prefer to be heads up. Thats _so_ much more obviously incorrect then any of the errors DS mentiones (mostly because it was shown as a few lines of text; but its also very obvious) that I doubt any editor who didn't catch that could come close to catching any real error.
Old 01-27-2005, 12:34 AM

It's ironic that you talk about coming from an "academic background" along with stating that "these mistakes really grate on me" and then in the next sentence you say "you better make sure you're meterial is impeccable."

you're = your
meterial = material

Why don't you take your own advice?
Old 01-27-2005, 05:03 AM

Sorry, I didn't know that getting a university degree both stopped all typos and made my English perfect. Nor did I know that I needed to make sure my online posts were as well edited as something I'd have published in a leading research journal or industry magazine.

How is your Swedish? (You might take a look at the location field and see where I am from.)
Old 01-27-2005, 05:30 AM

Default Re: Flawed Author-Cardplayer Articles

I would like to see a $1,000,000 freeze-out between David Sklansky and Lee Jones.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

How is your Swedish?

[/ QUOTE ]

Min Svensk ej god.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 01-28-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Final Comments

I read the review (of course) Mason. Your essential criticism of MLH was its repeatedly weak-tight advice. There's a big difference between that and David's accustion of Ciaffone of not understanding the difference between odds and probability.

ZB
Old 01-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Hi Zee:

Is there? He repeatedly has you folding hands where the odds the pot offers versus the probability of making your hand are right for a call.

best wishes,
Mason
Old 01-29-2005, 10:25 AM

Come on Mason - You don't really think it's because he (and Jim Brier) are miscalculating the pot odds every time (because he/they don't know the difference between odds and probabilities) do you?

In fact on another thread some while back you postulated (or rather agreed with the proposal) that the over-folding was because Ciaffone's primary experience was no/pot-limit and that mistakes cost more in those games.

I'm backing off now - I suspect you don't really want to give a direct answer to this [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ZB
Old 01-29-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm backing off now - I suspect you don't really want to give a direct answer to this

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

He gave you one.
Just because you aren't satisfied with the answer doesn't make it less true or direct.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:21 PM

I am unable to find Mason's review of Middle Limit Hold'em anyone have a link? I searched for forum but I dont get any hits before Oct of 2004