Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 07:48 AM

Default Re: Is this a very TERRIBLE call?

Yes, his call was terrible....yours was abysmal.

jw
Old 01-28-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, his call was terrible....yours was abysmal.

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. fold preflop
Old 01-28-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am in a tourney.I have about 5K in the BB and the guy in the SB has 4K. Blinds are 100 and 200. He raises to 800. I call with 10-3 suited. Flop is 5-6-8. He checkes,i check behind him.I know him pretty good and i put him on two over cards.Turn is another 8. 5-6-8-8. He checks and i bet 1300. He calls me. He has 2K left and i have 3K left. I just know he was chasing two over cards. Hes not a good player. The river is a 7... 5-6-8-8-7 . He checks and i go all in for 3K. Now i know he has overcards and missed...he has to fold now. He thinks and calls all in for 2K with King high. How can he call that? I was not a crazy player or anything. I was playing tight and agressive. I only got caught bluffing once but he wasnt at the table. We were a few away from the money. I think this is the worste call ive ever seen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he was just a lot better than you care to give him credit for....
PF he raises and you call <font color="blue"> He thinks to himself he must either have a medium pair, or or two high cards </font>
Flop: 5-6-8, he checks you check <font color="blue"> He thinks well if he had a middle pair he'd bet to keep me from hitting my A,K or Q</font>
Turn he checks, you bet almost pot. <font color="blue"> He thinks, hmmmmm that 8 couldnt have helped you and I dont see him calling pf with a 5 or a 6 when I raised so much, also if he slowplayed a set on the flop, I think hed have bet less to let me catch something on the river..... I might have the best hand here...., if not I still have outs I think </font>
River he checks, you bet all in. <font color="blue"> He thinks...Hmmm, what hand could you have been betting on the turn that likes that last card? any two pair hand, Aces-Tens included would check behind here, the only "real" hand I could see him having is a boat, and I just dont feel it due to the check on the flop. Now I really dont like calling with King high here, but Im getting 6200 for my 2000 call and if I fold Im left with a very small stack .... I wish I had folded the turn, but at this point, based on my read/pot-odds/possibility of being left short stacked......... I think I have to make a crying call </font>

<font color="green"> It stuns me and pisses me off when I get called by ace high, but I never hardly ever blame the other guy. Ive made a lot of those calls, when I felt I have good reason to, and its not blind luck when I am right. Why would I assume it was blind luck when someone else does it? </font>
Old 01-28-2005, 10:07 AM

To the original poster,
You are god damn right it is a horrible call. And all these dipchits here saying you deserved to get beat because you decided to play a 10 3 suited hand are idiots. Last time I checked king high doesnt win too many hands. you are all dumbasses who think the guy with the king played the hand well.

zsmith69
suck on my balls
Old 01-28-2005, 10:24 AM

"I think this is the worste call ive ever seen."

BZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTT. No, sorry.

"He raises to 800. I call with 10-3 suited. "

I nominate this call.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:48 AM

Pokerstove sez:

1,506,827,520 games @ 318,770,365 games/sec

Board:
Dead:
equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 34.1643 % [00.33 00.01] {T3s}
Hand 2: 65.8357 % [00.65 00.01] {AKs-A9s, KQs-K9s, QJs-Q9s, JTs-J9s, T9s, AKo-A9o, KQo-K9o, QJo-Q9o, JTo-J9o, T9o}

Preflop, you had 34% max equity in this T1,000 pot, and you paid T600 for it. Worst. Call. Ever [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I didn't even give him any pairs.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:11 PM

Summary:
Terrible PF call. Drop your blind and move on.
IsaacW makes a great point. What makes you so sure he wasn't trying a steal with a low pp? Maybe something lower than the board that flopped.
Your check on the flop was abysmal IMHO. You're gonna bluff but you wait til the turn to do it? If you put him on 2 overs, why give him a free card to hit one of them? Betting the flop could signal that you had picked up the BB special and paired some trash. Hard to call the turn thinking that.
If you're going to end up pushing on a bluff, why not bluff the turn instead of waiting to the river? A push there seems like a much harder call.
Personally, after spending time to give this response, I think this just might be a little trolling.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:50 PM

I checked the flop cuz he is more likley to call a big flop bet instead of a big turn bet with one card to come. If you have top set and go all in, someone with a flush draw might call it,but if you do it on the turn, then might fold with only one card to come
Old 01-28-2005, 12:57 PM

Default You played it perfect

except he had a better pattern map.

You lose.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:58 PM

This place is full of idiots who think they are better than everybody else,so they try to correct my play WHEN I DIDNT ASK FOR IT . I cant wait till one of you morons corrects my spelling or punctuation.I appreciate the real replies.I CALLED 600 IN MY BIG BLIND WITH 10-3. BIG DEAL. THIS IS POKER. SOME PEOPLE MAKE LOOSE PREFLOP CALLS. Why wouldnt i call??? I know how the guy plays and i have a tight image,so im gonna try to win the hand or make a great bluff.