Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 07:56 AM

Default Re: Online Players Anonymous

ONline players are much better than live players. I got the crap kicked out of me at Party Poker. I've lost 1200+ to party poker. I no longer play there. I don't think I will ever go back unless I become a master poker player. Thing about it ? Those thousands of players online are samples from countries all over the globe that are playing. You could be playing Johnny Chan for all you know. You are basically taking the top 5 % of good poker players from UK, top 5 % from Japan etc and throwing them on Party Poker. Now go make some money. Yeah right.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Like... I still haven't adjusted to how I'm supposed to play at TS NL100. They're worse than Party 25. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES they are.... and it's easier to remember the giftedly crappy
Old 01-28-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
40 hours of live play at about 30 hands/hr (which is average) = 1200 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think so? it seemed to me (and maybe i just played at some slow tables), but live hands took about 3-5 minutes each...which means only 12-20 hands/hr.

i don't really like live play. 380 hands/hr is a better pace for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-28-2005, 01:38 PM

There is a great post recently by fimbulwinter on key elements of playing SSNL. Search for it and read it. Otherwise, just be patient and read and post here on 2+2. You will be able to find leaks in your game and thinking that you might not be able to see without the help of others (and maybe PokerTracker). There are tons of great players on here who are here solely to offer and receive advice on strategy and how to beat the game. Take it to heart and you will vastly improve. Take care and best wishes in whatever you strive to achieve.

- ToT
Old 01-28-2005, 03:59 PM

30 hands/hr is the standard B&M estimate. Obviously depends on the dealer, the game, and mostly the players. If you have 40hrs at less then that its even smaller a sample size.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
40 hours of live play at about 30 hands/hr (which is average) = 1200 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think so? it seemed to me (and maybe i just played at some slow tables), but live hands took about 3-5 minutes each...which means only 12-20 hands/hr.

i don't really like live play. 380 hands/hr is a better pace for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're only playing 12hands/hr, you're not getting your money's worth. At ALL.

Live is painfully slow (for me) but each hand is rarely more than 2 minutes. In fact, I'd wager the norm is 40 to 45 hands/hr.