Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: College Hoops 1/27

Oh goodie...I'll come back for your next Lock of the YEAR!!

Sounds like the 1-900 guys on those really bad weekend morning infomercial 'we pick 90% winners' shows.

How come it seems like all those guys have NY or NJ accents??

Michigan covered the +15.5 btw so I'm happy. They indeed slow the game down to keep it low-scoring...and thus, a little bit closer. But they were badly out-manned and I don't think I would make that bet again.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:45 PM

Listeb Busster and Busterette, As I said I do this for a living I have a small but select group of customers who pay me a monthly fee plus a percentage of their winnings, I started in the business by working for one one of those scam 900 operations 4 years ago. I took my customers with me and started my own real business. Everything you think those guys do is true, they give out both sides of the game so they will have winners each night no matter what happens, they front load customers, hope to get hot and get as much money up front as possible and then eventually sometimes in days lose all their (customer's) money on one guranteed LOCK play. The proof is in the pudding I handicap all my ganes by actually playing out the game via a computer simulation. I run each of my pick's through 1000 simulations and when the computer outcome is significantly (3 or more points) different from the posted line I have a play. In the case of Pacific tonight my simulation shows Pacific winning this game by 7 points so I have a LOCK play. Of course there is no such thing as an absolute LOCK unless the game is fixed and as we all know that has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. I am the WORLD'S best handicapper, if you would like to hear more plus get the Super Bowl winner and total free of charge you can call me on my dime at 888-575-4433. There will be no spamm here just winners. As I am typing Pacific is up 15, so unless this turns out to be an Axel Freed special we all have a winner.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The proof is in the pudding I handicap all my ganes by actually playing out the game via a computer simulation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. Well, in that case.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moderator(s) notified In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi.
Regardless of whether your intentions are semi-honorable or not you are spamming.
You are mentioning your business and you are hoping to bring in high-paying customers to your little sports-handicapping enterprise by coming on here and bragging about how successful you are.

If you think Pacific is a good bet for tonight, then great....discuss it.

But trying to solicit customers around here is NOT welcome so just stop.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:03 AM

Tell him MicroBob!!
Old 01-28-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am the WORLD'S best handicapper

[/ QUOTE ]

*yawn*
Old 01-28-2005, 01:45 AM

good pick, i was really considering this one but i bitched out at the last moment. had to watch the end of the game from the bar with a friend of mine who took michigan [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

peace - jeff
Old 01-28-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Putting a small bet on a trend pick in Washington +4 at AZ, they are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 at AZ, and even though the game is on some SERIOUS triple revenge for AZ, Washington has a more talented team. Again, small bet for fun chasing a trend [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lesson 1 - Dont chase trend after Coach Olson demanded Stoudamire to start scoring more, passing less

Lesson 2 - Dont play college bball picks until after ALL football is completed, this includes the Pro Bowl.

Lesson 3 - Report all spammers....thanks Bob!
Old 01-28-2005, 03:36 AM

Part of the reason I issue the explanation in the thread itself (instead of just reporting him) is because our moderators sometimes do not act on threads like these (or are a bit slow to act) and I want to make sure that others understand that what he is doing is against the rules.
There are many lurkers as well as posters who simply might not know.

Afterall, those 1-900 guys who say "I win 90% of my games!!" really do get callers for $20-minute or whatever.

In the very least, I thought I was reasonably polite within my post.

As an example, I signed-up for rake-back under a spammer back before I understood that what they were doing was wrong.
Everyone just kept yelling at the poster to stop and I kept thinking "what...he seems okay to me."

I'm also willing to give posters the benefit of the doubt. If they didn't understand the rules then that's fine. I've found a couple of examples where I TRULY believe the poster didn't understand the rules and truly believed in their own excuse as to why mentioning rake-back or other spam in the post or thread like they did was okay.

this is why I am reasonably polite in such things and don't yell "you are worst kind of creature on the face of the earth!!" or something like that.

Anyway, this guy PM'ed me a rather nasty message about this.
Believe it or not it's officially the first truly negative 'you're an [censored]' type of PM I've ever received here...which is really incredible considering how opinionated I am.

For now I don't really feel like posting it...but I do mention it just in case there are others who are considering doing business with him...
you should be aware that the professional demeanor in his PM to me was not terribly high.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:10 AM

If you would bet on a team just because they went 6-0 ats I would strongly consider not betting on cbb because you will just lose money in the long run.