Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2005, 01:43 AM

Default Reverse coaching

I was reading the recent coaching thread and got to thinking. I like the idea of sending my hands to someone and getting comments on them. But also I wouldn't mind getting 500 hands or so of somebody who plays well. I could watch their play and see whats different than mine. If any of you who play well wouldn't mind giving up some of their hands let me know.

Also, would anybody else be interested in getting hands to watch from people who play well?

So is this a good idea or a crappy one.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: Reverse coaching

it sucks because while you see their actions, it leaves you no reason why they chose such a course or more importantly - why.

peace - jeff
Old 01-28-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Reverse coaching

Thats a good point, but let me go ahead and make a few counterpoints.

1. Just about everyday I am faced with a preflop decision that I am unsure of (A8s in MP after no limpers, for one.) I think reverse coaching would be helpful for that.

2. Let's say that I had no idea that i could raise flush draws for value. Seeing a good player do that would raise the question "why is he doing that" and then i could seek to get that question answered.

I also just thought of a potential drawback. I only have data on 2/4 players. If the hands i got were from say 3/6 I wouldn't have player info which obviously affects decisions. Such as thin value bets against a player that will call down with anything