Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 09:33 PM

Default comparing limit and no-limit game play...

I've recently move to $25 max buy-in no-limit instead of 1/2 limit games and have noticed a huge change in my hourly rate. I find this game much more profitable, mainly because I think I am more engaged when I'm playing. Limit seems like a much more mechanical game, whereas I can switch gears in a no-limit game and have it work. I think I'm going to stop playing limit entirely except in B&M rooms. Does anyone else have similar experiences?
Old 01-28-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: comparing limit and no-limit game play...

Pretty much everyone who switched from limit to NL has stayed because it's much more profitable at the lower levels.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: comparing limit and no-limit game play...

the swings are higher in NL, but a solid player will do well in the long run.

However, if I ever have the bankroll (one day) Id like to play a large limit game.
I think I would do very well in a limit game, but I havent even really considered playing limit for the size of my bankroll.
I played limit in Atlantic city, 3-6 most days, and 5-10 on the last day (i had dont very well at 3-6). I broke just over even at 5-10 but felt very confident at that level.
I knew going into that game that my bankroll wasnt large enough, but I was in AC more for fun, so I didnt care.

But yes, the limit and NL games are vastly different. A very strong limit player may not be good at NL and vice versa.