Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 06:13 PM

Default JJ gets c/r on turn

3-bet the turn?

How about river play?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 01-27-2005, 06:23 PM

Default Re: JJ gets c/r on turn

No, you played it right.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:25 PM

You need a read. A passive BB is more likely to hold a 2, when you're drawing thin and should simply call down. An aggressive BB might just have decided to play back at you with a pair or nothing at all, when a 3-bet makes more sense (though a good player would probably fold immediately). I like your line.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:26 PM

I would play it the same. If he's got a 2 you've got 2 outs, if he's got a Ten you want him to keep betting.

Looks good.

3-betting the turn would be a bad idea because you'll be behind here most of the time.

Boy,

this one is confusing to me. BB could have anything, although you think he'd throw out complete trash due to your PF raise.

He bets on the flop, and gets frisky on the turn when a 2 hits. Do you put him on a set on the flop? Is he the type of player who would bet out with bottom pair? Or is he possibly savvy enough to bluff when a scare card hits?

I think I'd play it the same way.

Did BB have a set/quads or 2 pair?
Old 01-27-2005, 06:30 PM

He actually held AT. Odd play.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks good.

3-betting the turn would be a bad idea because you'll be behind here most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda disagree. BB's play in this hand looks more like a weaker holding then ours then it does a monster. That still doesn't mean that we should reraise though (unless we can fold to a turn cap, and he won't cap with something like AT).

Brad
Old 01-27-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's why I'm not a big winner, always seeing monsters. Who would c/r w/a pair of tens? I guess he thought you were on AK, or AQ or something other than a large PP. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, that's why I'm not a big winner, always seeing monsters. Who would c/r w/a pair of tens? I guess he thought you were on AK, or AQ or something other than a large PP. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 2 types of turn check/raises:

1) The type where you bet, 4 people call and then someone check/raises. This is when you go "Oh, [censored]!" and fold.

2) When they check to you and the next guy check/raises. This is usually a medium to strong hand that wants protection. It is fairly easy to put the BB on something like AT in this hand.

Brad