Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2005, 01:49 AM

Default My first hand posting

I feel kind of stupid because this is a pocket aces hand, but I'm posting this with a specific question. Was I correct to raise on the river with the 3 flush on board, after my opponent had check/called the turn and then bet to me on the River? Perhaps I should have just called?

I hadn't played this table very long, but I had 91%/9% on UTG over 25 hands, and 29%/4% on UTG+1.

Thanks everyone. If this is not the right kind of hand to post, please give me some advice on that, too.

Jim

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

River: (9.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 01-27-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: My first hand posting

25 hands isn't much, but for a 91/9 you're getting showed 2 pair here far more often then a straight or flush I think. Without any other player specific post flop reads besides the 91/9, I would cap this river every time. You can give a player this loose too much credit for a strong draw on the flop.

anyone else do different?
Old 01-27-2005, 02:43 AM

I actually think you played this hand fine.

I like the first raise on the river since a bet on the river usually means 2-pair or Ace no kicker.

This might either be a 6 that decided to pop you on the river or likely a flush once you're 3-bet. I don't think you can confidently cap this river with so many draws out there and major aggression shown.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:56 AM

Eh, no matter what the player is like I'm still probably just calling this river instead of raising when both a 3-flush and 4-straight are on the board. I think the rest of the hand is played well.