Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Any PokerTracker+Playerview Alternatives??

I believe I already redownloaded that file. Let me try again just to be sure...

Error:

MDAC 2.8 RTM is incompatiblew with this version of windows. ALl of its features are currently part of Windows.

No go... I'm thinking if there was some way to force these downloads to install it might work but the damn thing won't let me...
Old 01-26-2005, 09:33 PM

Well, looks like ya gotta do what i do, when i get frustrated with naging problems like this, or with codecs, the problems become so imbedded within windows, just have to reinstall xp from scratch, should always reinstall anyways after 6months-year to just clean up the system
Old 01-26-2005, 09:42 PM

And I would do this how? I think I still have the CD that came with my computer...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:36 PM

I agree that cleaning and installing is probably going to be the easiest way to take care of this. First make sure you backup everything that you don't want to lose. When you clean and reinstall it will wipe out everything. Then look for the "system restore" or Windows XP cd that came with your computer. Pop it in, reboot and follow the prompts. Make sure to delete your exsisting windows install or reformat, installing on top windows never works 100%. Once you get it up and going the first thing you should do is run windows update so any major holes are patched. If you need any more help let me know.

Gus
Old 01-27-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that cleaning and installing is probably going to be the easiest way to take care of this. First make sure you backup everything that you don't want to lose. When you clean and reinstall it will wipe out everything. Then look for the "system restore" or Windows XP cd that came with your computer. Pop it in, reboot and follow the prompts. Make sure to delete your exsisting windows install or reformat, installing on top windows never works 100%. Once you get it up and going the first thing you should do is run windows update so any major holes are patched. If you need any more help let me know.

Gus

[/ QUOTE ]

All I do is backup anything I don't want to lose to say a DVD-R? Then just put it back on after right??

And then to re-install windows I just put my restore CD in and reboot and follow the prompts? I don't need to do any deleting of windows first correct?

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2005, 12:37 AM

Backing up to DVD would be perfect. Any programs that you have installed right now need to be reinstalled after you reinstall windows (so if you kept the executable save it rather then the program folder). You don't have to do anything before running the system restore or windows disk as it will be an option when installing.

Gus
Old 01-27-2005, 12:43 AM

Okay, burning everything to DVD-R now that I can't redownload with ease (basically trying to keep some programs that I no longer have the setup files for... see if it works)

On a side note, I don't have my MS Office CD anymore, but I don't mind losing Access since I think that's causing some of my problems...

I swear this better frickin work [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2005, 01:23 AM

If this doesn't work your computer is posesed (sp?) and you need an exorcist... fast. Copying programs to the DVD then back to the computer probably won't work because you won't be saving any of the registry entries (copying the registry over won't work). It might work for simpler programs but don't hold your breath. Make sure to download and apply patches before you do anything.

Gus
Old 01-27-2005, 02:35 AM

I use PokerOffice. I have never used or seen Poker Tracker in use so I am not qualified to compare it to Poker Office. I have read the forum and website for poker tracker and it "APPEARS" that its main advantage is that it is compatible with more sites.

I collect Chips
Old 01-27-2005, 03:03 AM

Okay, that worked [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thank god. Now let's see if any of that software still works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]