Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 06:52 PM

Default JJ in the BB

This hand was from a $5 ub NLHE, Around 40 of 300 left. No hand history but it is pretty clear in my head of the action.

Blinds 500/1000 ante 50
UTG FOLDS
UTG+1 19000 Mini raises to 2000 (he had not raised from early for more than a hour)Thoughts (AK,AA-QQ)
3folds

Mp3 10000 Calls ( very Loose, play nearly every hand in late position for the last hour)

Folded to Hero T12000 after posting J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]j [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I Didn't want to raise here I couldn't call the UTG push.

Pot T7000

Flop 7 5 10

Hero Checks, I wanted to see what UTG was going to do

UTG checks

Loose mp bets T1000

Okay, great I know I have this guy toasted, but UTG could have been thinking the same and slow playing.

I check raise to T4500

Now was that bad or not? It protected me from the utg push, but I guess I should have went ahead and pushed here.

Well utg folds and MP comes over the top ?

I call.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: JJ in the BB

That's about as well as you can hope for there. You had the right reads, and you got a dream flop. I'm not sure how that check-raise protected you from UTG. That bet is the maximum you can make without pushing, but I can't imagine you laying this down now even if they both go all-in. Would you have laid this down if both of them pushed?

A smaller C/R might have kept the rock-type in, but I'm sure you expected the push from LAG, and did you want the rock to fold or call here?
Old 01-26-2005, 08:16 PM

I wanted the rock to fold I knew if he called or push over top I was beat. I told him after the hand was over that I was worried about him, He said he had Big Slick. I belived him.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:46 PM

is the MP guy coming over the top with worse than your hand? you are getting about 2.5-1 on a call and you are still alive even if you are wrong. but he has to be very loose here to come over the top with a hand you can beat here. he called a minraise so lets say he doesnt have AA-QQ or AK, probably not AQ. so what do we put him on? maybe a medium pair or AJ. but for you to be good he has to have AT, or a pair other than 55 or 77 or a total bluff. lets keep in mind that he is not bluff raising here is is bluff reraising all in. tough spot but i probably grit my teeth and call.

Pat
Old 01-26-2005, 08:54 PM

This guy was very loose and bad, I really had no fear of him at all. he showed down 10 8os , for the pair with a gut shot.

I figured he had the ten, and would push it all the way with it, the 10 8 was a suprise.