Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Default theredepill

Let's see if you can respond without your childish homophobic remarks, ok?

"I don't play any two suited" Yet you did. And it cost you. You said you lost an entire buy-in with it. I don't see the reason for you posting it. You say you know better. You did it anyways and it cost you a buy-in. The lesson taught itself.

"and play a hand I wouldn't normally play." Nothing wrong with mixing up your game if you can do it. But since you admit you can't fold post-flop... then you should know you have no business mixing it up. When people mix it up, I think generally they mean raising with 1 gapped suited connector UTG. I don't think too many thinking players are mixing it up with 5-10 suited.

"I take notes on people too" Excellent. That puts you above a lot of players. Seriously... take notes on your own play too. Note when you don't fold when you should, or play weak hands... note when and if it works... note how often it doesn't work. Sometimes, writing it out may be the only way it sinks in your craw.

"You find it amusing that I'm losing money ?" No. You misread my amusement. I'm amused by your attitude. I'm amused that you go against the advice of better players, lose, and then insult the people who try to correct your mistakes. You losing money isn't funny. That's just a bonus to the people lucky enough to play against you. It's your stubborn refusal to learn and play better coupled with your "petulant potty-mouthed child act" that's amusing.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: I just lost another buy-in to a flopped flush

Whenever you get bored, play suited trash, and lose your stack, repeat this mantra to yourself.

"I am Sofa King, stupid."
Old 01-26-2005, 12:54 PM

How about not playing when you are bored.

How about taking a break, smoking a cig, taking a walk when you feel your concentration is slipping.

Also try playing EXTREMEMLY tight for a few days. Just search for nuts. Make it a game, wheres the nuts.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play any two suited but I do sometimes mix up my play and play a hand I wouldn't normally play.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only reason you should mix up your play is to throw your opponents off-guard. At $25 NL your opponents aren't paying enough attention for "mixing up" your play to be worthwhile.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:17 PM

Amoeba or whatever,

Sklansky can ban me if he wishes. I'll just be back.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:25 PM

thats fine.

Theredpill, we have given you lots of patience and given a lot of advice.

Please quit with the foul language. Obviously bannings don't phase you although I don't know why you would want to come back to a place where you will be ignored.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:48 PM

"although I don't know why you would want to come back to a place where you will be ignored"

You're clearly not familiar with the behaviour of internet trolls/flamers.