Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: I just lost another buy-in to a flopped flush

not a bad beat when you are behind on every street.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:11 PM

Without the details of the hand it is impossible to say if you played it good or bad. The likelyhood of flush over flush is fairly rare.

I certainly won't play any 2 flush cards, but I will play connectors/1 gaps and maybe 2 gaps. As the cards get smaller or the gaps are bigger, I will only play them in better position.

Ken
Old 01-26-2005, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played it because I was bored. I went on tilt earlier in the night when I made a bad play. All in all, tonight I lost $150 so far. $100 of it was pure profit that I had made earlier in the day. The last $50 of it was to that flush and that was from yesterday's money. Still it is my money and I earned it at one point in time.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've found your problem. Now stop complaining and fix it.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 PM

I know it wasn't a bad beat. I didnt' say it was. I said it was an awful play by me. T 5 suited. I don't play any two suited but I do sometimes mix up my play and play a hand I wouldn't normally play. I don't see anything wrong with that. I made the real mistake post flop.

I can't get a job so I don't want to hear anything about that. I can't get a job that I enjoy. I'm unable to fold. That's the real problem. I can't fold.

I don't play any two suited. I take notes on people too. Whatever. You find it amusing that I'm losing money ? Will suck my dick . And after you are done sucking my dick, I want you to suck off everyone else in this forum, Kurto.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think its gotten to be something psychological.

[/ QUOTE ]

No really, what did you think poker is?

You guys dont tell him he cant do it...he just has to change the way he's thinking. Like the greed, and the king of the world feeling if you know what i mean.

Do this for yourself if you want to make profit.

Look at the amount you usually make before you loose it. If its $100, once you get that...stop playing and be satisfied. Next day do the same thing, and as you get better you can raise that limit.

I know that when you win one hand you feel like your on top of the world and your better than everyone else at the table, but try to forget about the amount of money you won. Concetrate on POKER, not MONEY.

Play lower limits if need to, read, learn, practice, also with play money.

One last thing I can think of at the moment, when the money really starts rolling in, you better take it easy. Dont think you can just jump the limits, you've been warned.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play any two suited. I take notes on people too. Whatever. You find it amusing that I'm losing money ? Will suck my dick . And after you are done sucking my dick, I want you to suck off everyone else in this forum, Kurto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Relax man, take it easy.

I looked at your posts, and how long you've been here, so if your playing continues that way, maybe you should stop. I dunno.

You should start thinking about poker more psycologically...you have to learn how to control yourself while playing.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know it wasn't a bad beat. I didnt' say it was. I said it was an awful play by me. T 5 suited. I don't play any two suited but I do sometimes mix up my play and play a hand I wouldn't normally play. I don't see anything wrong with that. I made the real mistake post flop.

I can't get a job so I don't want to hear anything about that. I can't get a job that I enjoy. I'm unable to fold. That's the real problem. I can't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

you really are bad at taking advice. You seem to think that we all have this godly intuition when our small two pair is beaten by bigger 2 pair or when our low flush is beaten by higher flush. We don't have that intuition.

We avoid these situations by folding crap like T 5 preflop.

You simply aren't good enough to mix it up yet with playing crap like T 5. 80% of this forum isn't good enough to mix it up with playing T 5. hell, I know I'm not, especially in full ring.

If you know you can't fold postflop and thats a problem, then why don't you play hands that don't give you second best hands postflop?

and quit with the antics. One more occurrence of this kind of foul language and I swear I will make it my personal agenda to find you banned from this forum.

As to people who are telling you to do other things, they aren't trying to laugh at you, if they really hated you, they would give you bad advice and tell you to keep playing because you are the people who make them money.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:30 PM

Don't mix it up, stick to abc poker.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:32 PM

You're right pill, it is something psychological. I'm sure that you don't want to hear this but from your posts you seem a bit mentally unstable. I don't know what caused it, but you might want to try getting your head together before moving on with poker. Please do not take this as an insult just an observation.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 PM

"read, learn, practice...." Stop saying this to him. It doesn't work. He needs to be approached from a different angle.

Pill- When you play, keep a magic 8 Ball next to you. Shake the magic 8-ball before every move and let it guide your play.