Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 04:31 AM

Default 55 from the SB and i raised?

As stated in my other post, this was my first time at 1/2. Let me know how i played this hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

I was trying to steal the blinds with possibly the best hand. Didn't happen though.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.
I bet this here because of the open ended straight draw possibility, and i thought I might have the best hand when i 'm think that BB has 2 over cards.

River: (9 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.
Even though I didn't hit my straight draw, I still thought I had the best hand.

Final Pot: 11 BB

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-26-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: 55 from the SB and i raised?

I like it. The only thing I might have done differently is lead the flop and hope BB raises and knocks UTG+1 out. If that happened, I'd 3-bet him. If he capped, I'd probably call and check/fold the turn.
Old 01-26-2005, 04:58 AM

You didn't mention that UTG+1 is super passive, which he was. I would check and pray he checks behind on the river. He was so passive I would fold if he bet the river.

-DeathDonkey
Old 01-26-2005, 05:15 AM

I'm new, but... agree to lead-bet the flop. if BB raises, I'd just call though. he could easily have an overpair to your 55. also I'd prob. check the river. 1/2 players with overcards will go to the river especially in raised pots. you could easily end up taking the same amount by calling a bluff by either opponent.