Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Superbowl Winning Margin bets?

I know this is a pretty dumb bet with almost no value, but assuming I want to bet on the Eagles, how does a winning margin of 6-10 at +1100 sound? 1-5 gets +800.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Superbowl Winning Margin bets?

If you think the Eagles will win the game I think splitting what you would bet on the money line across these two spreads offers more value than a straight money line bet. If Philly wins, which could happen, the chances of it being a relatively close game are good. I can envision only two scenarios where the Eagles win by more than 10...NE turns it over often (unlikely) or McNab has the game of his life (also unlikely).
Old 01-26-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NE turns it over often (unlikely) or McNab has the game of his life (also unlikely).

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you make either of these comments when they havent played the game yet...? Oh yea, you're from Mass....nevermind! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NE turns it over often (unlikely) or McNab has the game of his life (also unlikely).

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you make either of these comments when they havent played the game yet...? Oh yea, you're from Mass....nevermind! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll figure it out when the Lombardi trophy is on a plane back to MA where it belongs [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

There is no greater sports city in the country! Now if the Celts could stop sucking for a few minutes we'd be all set!
Old 01-26-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no greater sports city in the country!

[/ QUOTE ]

Another untrue comment - must be something in the watah up there.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no greater sports city in the country! Now if the Celts could stop sucking for a few minutes we'd be all set!

[/ QUOTE ]

P.S. - turn your sound up and click here
Old 01-26-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he said "unlikely" not "impossible" making his statement credible. also, you've shown more hometown bias than anyone in the sports betting forum.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the said "unlikely" not "impossible" making his statement credible. also, you've shown more hometown bias than anyone in the sports betting forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot? Yes. More than anyone else? Probably not.

And just with the Eagles (who have had a fantastic ATS record this year, meaning that my 'hometown bias' has won me a lot of cash) - I'm very objective about the Sixers and Phillies, depending on the game situation. Not my fault the Eagles beat the tar out of most of their opponents this year.
Old 01-26-2005, 05:24 PM

CCx has shown hometime bias, but he has been right the past two weeks, and openly admits his hometown bias in all of his posts.

Luckily, I have been on the Eagles bandwagon the past two weeks and have also benefited. However I will be jumping ship during the superbowl, as I don't really like the game. If I bet on it, I will be betting the under.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the said "unlikely" not "impossible" making his statement credible. also, you've shown more hometown bias than anyone in the sports betting forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot? Yes. More than anyone else? Probably not.

And just with the Eagles (who have had a fantastic ATS record this year, meaning that my 'hometown bias' has won me a lot of cash) - I'm very objective about the Sixers and Phillies, depending on the game situation. Not my fault the Eagles beat the tar out of most of their opponents this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, you've been spot on with most of your picks. you're one of the people i'd be following most closely if i was actually picking games myself. my argument was that it was fairly ironic to accuse somebody who makes a couple points about the strengths of a team who went 14-2 this year, beat up on two very strong AFC teams in the playoffs, and are huge favorites to win the SB, just because they happen to be from Mass. He didn't do anything different than what you've been doing the past two weeks.