Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Two QQ hands

Hand 1
After lurking for a while, I think I am good enough to post hands and get something out of the discussion.
My main question is on the flop. Protecting my hand by waiting for the turn in large pots even when I think my hand is best is a difficult concept for me right now and I would like to make sure I used it correctly here. As it turns out, the BB drove out the field for me, but that doesn't matter to me in terms of thinking of what my plan was. The fact that I am last to act makes protecting a little difficult due to not being able to check-raise.

For what it is worth the PF re-raiser and flop better (MP1) had these stats (he left after this hand, which probably indicates how much the river hurt him, so these are the stats I had at the time):
11% / 4.3% / 4 (46 hands)

Turn better (BB) has these stats (these include a few hands from after this one):
78% / 6.3% / 0.7 (32 hands)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (18.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (15.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB
Old 01-25-2005, 01:06 AM

Default Re: Two QQ hands

Hand 2
This is at the same table less than an orbit later.
Little lost throughout this hand other than PF. I have my own thoughts, but will wait to get feedback before posting them.

SB has these stats (again a few hands come after the one in question):
40.6% / 0% / 0.5 (32 hands)

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Bonus 3rd hand:
I think I got this right, but I will check to make sure.

Hero is in UTG+2 with T9s
2 folds, Hero limps, MP1 raises, MP2 cold-calls, 2 folds, Button re-raises, blinds fold, Hero?
Old 01-25-2005, 01:59 PM

Is bumping your own posts to get comments (like I am doing now) frowned upon?
Old 01-25-2005, 02:01 PM

Raise the Flop
Old 01-25-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is bumping your own posts to get comments (like I am doing now) frowned upon?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on how quickly you bump it and many other posts you have going at the same time. I usually let it sit for a couple hours before bumping. The point of bumping is to bring it back to the front page. But if it's sitting on page 2 or 3, then it's not so far out of sight that it's going to get lost.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:13 PM

I would call on the turn here. I don't like the stop and go against me when I raised preflop and raised the flop. I would normally fold on the turn, but you picked up a flush draw.

Calling the river after raising preflop, raising the flop, and raising the turn is pretty bad unless you knew he was a LAG (but his stats so far suggest he's not).
Old 01-25-2005, 02:18 PM

he didnt raise flop
Old 01-25-2005, 02:29 PM

When I picked up the strong flush draw is when I decided to try one more aggressive move. Currently my AF might be a little too high and this hand really shows that I think.
I called the river bet to get some info on what this player had in combination with the pot size. I don't think I am good here the 10% that I need to be to justify the call, but at the time the small chance that I was good added to the info on what he was willing to stop-n-go with twice made the call only slightly bad.

It appears that my posting two hands in one thread (which I know is generally discouraged) caused some confusion for Joe. Sorry about that, it was just because they were both QQ and happened so close to each other that I thought of putting them together.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:33 PM

My thinking at the time was (given the pot size) I didn't want to marry an A (e.g. AK) or a K (e.g. KQ) to the hand to make them calling me to the river accidently correct.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I called the river bet to get some info on what this player had in combination with the pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want information, think ahead and don't raise the turn. Most of the time you'll discover that he'll do that with an ace, and you'll have paid to know something you probably already knew (since you expect to lose).