Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Flopped 4 high flush in BB

So that leaves 8 clubs left. 2 in my hand and 3 on flop.
I had 2 4 of clubs in BB. What are the odds someone else has suited clubs in their hand if 4 or 5 people see the flop. Probability problem and I can't remember how to do it. Something about 47 cards unknown and 8 clubs... ahhhh...too early in the morning.

I bet the pot after SB checked. I didn't slow play it. It was called around. Turn was 7 d . I bet half the pot again. Small stack reraises all-in for $2.50 . I call and so does 2 other nuts. River is no club and only me and one other not not all-in. I bet 1.30 just because I figure I'm probably beat but not by this guy so I'll get my money back from him. It works I think I lost about 1 or 2 dollars on the play. What do you think ? Am I ahead often enough here to be betting it like I did ?

Also, I lost a buy-in to KK when a 99 called a large raise preflop ($1 on .10 BB table) . He hit a set and small stack in EP goes all-in for $2.50. MP guy ( 9 9 ) calls and I reraise all-in since pot was already big and I had about $13 . He calls and shows the set. What do you think? Sorry about the structuure.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Flopped 4 high flush in BB

I get a 2.5 % chance for someone else to have two clubs in the rest of the players. That's good enough for me . Can anyone verify this statistic ?

8/47 * 7/46 = .025

8 clubs. 47 cards left in the deck

Thanks.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:06 AM

come on . Help me out someone. Did I do the right thing ? I GOT NO PLACE ELSE TO GO.........
Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 PM

Push the turn if you're that close to being all-in. If your flopped flush loses to a bigger flopped flush, well, that's too bad, but it won't happen too often.