Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 02:12 AM

Default K7s BB hand

Villian in this hand is lp p 68/3/1.1. With hindsight i hate this river line, everybody agree? What about the rest?

best,
harry

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 max, 10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB
Old 01-24-2005, 05:47 AM

Default Re: K7s BB hand

Is this such a bad river line that noone wants to put me down for it?
Old 01-24-2005, 05:53 AM

Given your read on villain are you assuming the 3-bet means a house? If so, it sucks to call it. and you suck, alot.

(How was that?)
Old 01-24-2005, 06:04 AM

What's to hate?

I'm either leading this river with the intention of 3-betting or checkraising and calling a 3-bet.

There's no way I'm folding to the 3-bet. He could play trip Aces or KT the same way.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:54 PM

I think the river is fine. what about the flop lead? while I dont think its a mistake, does checking have any merit?
Old 01-24-2005, 01:05 PM

I'd bet the river. Regardless of the action, you hate this river getting checked through and the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] could definitly serve as an action killer the passive villain doesn't have an A or a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Given your action and the way the river panned out, I'd cap this river. The Villain you described will have trip As rather than a full house most of the time here.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what about the flop lead? while I dont think its a mistake, does checking have any merit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain this a little futher, i think i understand what your getting at but it would be good to know rather than think.

thanks

harry
Old 01-25-2005, 03:07 AM

I would definately bet the river and if givin the chance I'd cap it, I think you are the winner more than 50% of the time. As far as your flop bet, you have a gutshot straight and the nut flush draw, I think its ok, I've probably bet and checked in that situation depending on how I was feeling.

-Ftball
Old 01-25-2005, 03:12 AM

I like the flop bet. For two callers it's basically a value bet minus the chance of the A-high flush beating you; for one caller you'd be happy to fold some hands anyway.

10% chance you just pick up the pot with all those limpers, too.