Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: What\'s your worst one day downswing?

I lost 200 BBs in one saturday 4 tabling 5/10 6max. It was more fun than I care to admit.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:59 PM

Nothing big, just my first taste of downswingginess at SH play. My favorite stat is AKo

Old 01-24-2005, 06:27 PM

I was fully expecting to get flamed--I know there are people here who have had monumentally worse downswings. Just remember I'm not bragging about my measily 80BB loss--I'm lucky it wasn't 300BB. And I have searched the forum and read a handful of other bitch threads, but I felt the need to create my own. Sooo thanks to those who replied politely(it helps to commiserate with others) and bite me to everyone else. Ah, the internet.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:32 PM

LOL, that that AKo stat is hilarious
Old 01-24-2005, 06:53 PM

My worst single day downswing was 125 BB playing 15-30 on UB. I've had bad days since then, but nothing quite like that one. I learned a lot about playing under those circumstances too, and what losing like that causes me to do in my game.

Yes, these sessions always start with horrific suckouts, but I've found that when I'm losing really really badly, I can compound the problem by calling too many bets when I'm beat, because I just want to see how badly I was sucked out on again. It can be awkward feeling to fold so often when you see the insane river card come that you know must have beaten you, but you still call anyway because you're afraid the players you're up against have picked up on how bad you're running and are now taking shots at you.

I have since capped my buyin to a single game at 50 BB's. I find that I tend to do better when I switch tables, even if the table I was at was the juiciest game of all time, as was the case in my 15-30 debacle.

It may be difficult (it certainly was for me) but really sit back and think about how you're playing when you're in one of those situations, and I'd be surprised if you can't come up with some mistakes you've been making. Rarely can sessions like that be attributed only to being drawn out on constantly, although at root that is usually the problem.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:04 PM

This sounds like good advice.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"NASTY" would be doing around 230BB's multi tabling 20/40 short for a couple of hours

[/ QUOTE ]

Strip, stop tapping the glass just because god hates you. Besides, doesn't Schneids 15/30 adventure make that look like a winning streak? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Scott