Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Two AA hands

Hands are from two different tables. Typical micro table ... about 40 percent seeing the flop and bad play all around.

I feel like I lost about 10 million bets in hand 2.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 01-24-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Two AA hands

Both look fine.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:06 PM

hand 1: where's the question? its fine.

hand 2: raise PF. i don't see where you expect to make more $$ postflop. you know he has nothing.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:37 PM

Hand 1: What can you do... looks like you either ran into 2-pair or got gutshot. Betting the river is fine, but I myself would have checked (not saying I am right, but I know I would have)

My logic is this. I want to show this hand down, but I would rater not pay 2BB to see KQ or KT turned over. Also with 4 people calling along the whole way it is unlikely that they are all on a busted flush draw.

I know that people will call you with worse hands than your pair of aces, but with four people in and this board, I think you are more likely to see 2-pair than anything. So I would check with the intention of calling a bet, and yeah I probably would fold if it was 2 back to me.

Hand 2: other than calling until the river, not much you could do. At most you missed 1 BB
Old 01-24-2005, 02:39 PM

Hand 1: Perfect.

Hand 2: Raise preflop, raise the flop, hope villian has some spades or a pocket pair. Note that raising the turn is scarrier for villian than raising the flop. (An alternative line is to just call the flop and turn bets, waiting for the river to raise. This line has the advantage of letting villian continue to bluff at the pot. Calling the flop and raising the turn is inferior to either of these approaches IMO).
Old 01-24-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both look fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, missed the lack of pre-flop second hand.