Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 09:25 PM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.
Default kicking ass and taking names in heads-up pots

online 3/6 full.

I open-raise on the button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB calls.

Flop is 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB bets. I raise, BB 3-bets. I cap. BB calls.

Turn is Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks. I bet. BB calls.

River is 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks. I bet. BB calls.

too aggro on the flop?

Later that day...
10/20 full.

I raise UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].folds to SB who 3-bets. I call.
Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

SB bets. I call.

Turn is K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, I raise, SB 3-bets, I call.

River is K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Should I cap PF or the turn? I'm pretty sure I played the flop well.

Now for a less aggro one:

I open raise in MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Folds to SB who 3-bets. BB folds, I call.

Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB bets, I call.

Turn is 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB bets, I call.

River is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, I bet. SB calls.

I don't know any other way to get more money out of him if he's aceless in this one. A 3-bet PF would be a bit much, no?

I happened not to posts hands that I lost because I didn't really think many of them were interesting or difficult.

Some days you eat the bear, and well, some days the bear eats you.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: kicking ass and taking names in heads-up pots

Hand 1) Well played sir!

Hand 2) I'd cap pre-flop, I like the fact that you are heads up here. But there is a valid argument to not capping pre-flop as well. Since you did not, I liked your flop play. Hit him where it hurts on the turn. But thats where you and I disagree, I'd cap the turn. He will call.

Hand 3)Raise the turn. You cannot guarentee that you will get a bet on the river, get the $$$ now while you can.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2005, 10:31 PM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 3)Raise the turn. You cannot guarentee that you will get a bet on the river, get the $$$ now while you can.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I must admit, I sort of felt like Tommy Angelo on this one. I thought if he didn't have an ace he'd probably fold to a turn raise. This game was pretty aggro, but overall it seemed like the players weren't as retarded as usual.

If I'm right that he folds to a turn raise, I made one extra BB, but if he calls down, I missed out on one, and if he folds to a turn raise, he probably check/folds the river too. What if, what if, what if. Hard to say.

If my aunt had a package, she'd be my uncle.

Thanks for the response.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:35 PM

Hand 1 - Wow. Speechless. I just don't see how you cap it there. You have what, 9.5 outs with the draws? Heads up to get to the river I don't see how that math works out even for a raise, let alone a cap. You sir are much more TAGro than I!!

Hand 2 - And then you don't raise this flop?? I think with your UTG PF raise, you'd be almost expected to raise here. I would not be very fooled by a smooth call on the flop here, if I was the Villain. He might even 3-bet, to your delight.

Hand 3 - I agree with this slowplay. But here, no one's drawing out on you except for a backdoor.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:37 PM

Post one hand at a time.

On hand one, I take the free card on the turn.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:39 PM

In hand one I would have taken the free card on the turn because he has already told you he is not folding.

Hand two sometimes I cap sometimes I don't (pre-flop). With position I usually would unless super tight player 3-bet. I also would have capped the turn as you are only behind TT and 88.

Hand 3 was perfect IMO.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On hand one, I take the free card on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the idea with the flop cap, but when a club popped on the turn, I figured I'd keep firing.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 - Wow. Speechless. I just don't see how you cap it there. You have what, 9.5 outs with the draws? Heads up to get to the river I don't see how that math works out even for a raise, let alone a cap. You sir are much more TAGro than I!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's assuming it gets to showdown.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:48 PM

Well, you're still 2:1 to hit one of your plentiful outs, so it's still a semi-bluff. And I think he's made it clear, as another poster mentioned, that he's not folding, so I don't think the fold adds to your expectation, in which case he's making money off your bet there, since your bet is getting just 1:1. So, take the free card.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Results

for amusement purposes only I suppose

1--Villain held T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2--Villain held TT for the flopped set, turned boat.
3--I don't know what he had. KK, QQ, JJ or TT I reckon.

For 2 and 3 the HH's weren't working. On 2 the guy told me he had TT, complaining about the "horrible beat." IMO he deserves it for 3-betting an UTG TAG w/TT.