Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 10:41 PM

Default TPSK first to act w/ unfavorable draw on board

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

did i do the flop play right?... i thought i was supposed to protect it that way... but not sure... and when i think about it now... doesn't seem like i'm protecting anything since my hand is kinda bum anyways?

crap my mind really is turning to mush.. forgot to convert the hand the first time around
Old 01-22-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: TPSK first to act w/ unfavorable draw on board

I play it exactly the same way. Good hand.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:10 PM

i like it, well done.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:15 PM

oh so that is correct?... hrmm.. ok.. thanks [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2005, 03:21 PM

You have top pair on the flop so the raise is good.

On the turn an overcard comes and also a flush draw. The player isnt afraid of betting into you so he probably has a better K, an A or a flush (draw).
Old 01-22-2005, 05:26 PM

I am not quite as convinced that MP3 had a flush draw or some strong hands as most of the rest of the posters seem to be. I think you should bet out on the turn, planning to fold if raised and check call (maybe even check fold considering it would be very hard for him to call the turn bet unless he can beat your hand) on the end if just called.

One more point, MP3 might not be nearly good enough to know this, but he is in perfect free card position if he has a reasonable draw. If he has a strong draw like a flush or OESD, he probably raises the flop to get a free card unless he is a really terrible player. It would also be terrible to just call with a Big king or a set an let in draws for a cheap price. Of course, he could be really bad and have just called with numerous hands that he should raise or fold, but I think most players know the free card play and would go for it here with a big draw.

I see a lot of bluffing when 3-flushes hit the board at the small limits. Granted, the turn card can beat you a lot of ways, and MP3 seems to be on a draw by how he played the flop, but could he have 65 or second pair with one spade and decided to take a stab when the aggressors on the flop show weakness on the turn? I think the answer is yes often enough to put pressure on him if he doesn't have the flush. At the low limits many (and I mean probably 90% or more) players will bet 100% of the time if it is checked to them in last position on a round, so checking to him and then watching him bet tells you nothing.

All in all, it is a pretty close decision, but the pot is big enough and your hand is strong enough that I am not laying this one down.