Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Need help with 2 hands

Thanks for the opinions guys. Some good things to think over. Here's my thinking:

First hand I put him on two overs, and I was right. I called quickly and he hit an ace. It seemed a typical coin flip, but in my depression of bubbling, I was thinking maybe I shouldve thought a little harder. He could have As, Ks or Qs, in which case I'm deadmeat, and he may have overs. 10s or 9s werent impossible but less likely. If I fold, I still have slightly over 10X BB and will surely sneak into the money and maybe find a better spot to double up. But that A/7 hand just screamed at me to call!

The second hand really hurt. If the 9 doesnt come on the river there is no way I lose more than 800 in chips. My 3X BB preflop bet out of position can be second guessed but I'll live with it. 10/7/7 flop looks good for me so I bet, hoping he'd go away. When he flat called, I thought "Overpair?" "A/10?" If he has the 10, he may just be calling in case I have the overpair. So then another 10 comes on the turn, and I am done with this hand...but he checks behind and i fill up on the river. I make what I felt was a solid value bet but maybe a little more, about a third of my stack. He quickly raises all in and take that as a bluff and call. He turns over Q/10 and I shake my head and wonder what was I thinking?! IN retrospect, if he was gonna represent the 10, it wouldve been on the turn and to call his reraise all in wasnt too bright. But catching my 2 outter from hell really put me in a spot.

And thoughts on my play?

Thanks.