Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Disturbing Party/Empire account error

Has anyone else had this problem, or should I be deeply concerned?

Sometimes I get logged off of party or empire with a message saying someone else logged on from a different location, and I instantly sign back on and change it. This has happened 3 times now I think. I think all 3 times my wireless connection was acting up. So if it was a problem with my wireless, why would that stupid message come up, I mean, isn't that a pretty bad error if it is an error?
Old 01-20-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Disturbing Party/Empire account error

I think that is a result of limited connectivity. I got this message a few times when I was rate limited from my ISP and I could barely send/receive anything online. I changed my password and still got it soon after. For me anyway, this was a result of connection problems only as far as I can tell.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:06 PM

If it ALWAYS happens when you're having connection problems, and NEVER when youre not, it sounds like its a wireless problem. But you should change your password just to be safe.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:13 PM

There was a post on here a few months ago about people having the same problem. IIRC, the reason was a cable modem connection that keep reassigning a new IP address to his computer, making the Party software think it was a new connection each time.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:18 PM

You want disturbing? Several few months ago I cashed out a little over $1000 from Empire to my NETeller account. After the transfer cleared, I checked my NETeller account and saw that I had been credited for the amount I had cashed out...twice.

A few days later I received a franctic call from an Empire CSR guy who kindly requested I return the money, which I did.

I was (and am) undecided what I would have done if they never contacted me about it, but I think I was leaning towards towards just keeping the money.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:22 PM

I change my username every few months and password every few weeks. Can't be too safe with dealing with your money like this.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want disturbing? Several few months ago I cashed out a little over $1000 from Empire to my NETeller account. After the transfer cleared, I checked my NETeller account and saw that I had been credited for the amount I had cashed out...twice.

A few days later I received a franctic call from an Empire CSR guy who kindly requested I return the money, which I did.

I was (and am) undecided what I would have done if they never contacted me about it, but I think I was leaning towards towards just keeping the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

you shoulda gotten a special deposit bonus for that one.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:51 PM

he did, we all did. Hocknebar told me jan05rel was a direct result of this.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:42 AM

This happened to me tonight for the first time. Also strange was the fact that when I first logged in I was prompted for my username and password. I have the software set to remember these, and this was the first time that I've had to re-type. The error said "contact live help immediately," but that isn't working so I emailed them. Despite some of you also having this problem, I'm pretty nervous.