Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: More words of wisdom from Master Fischman...

[ QUOTE ]
I also learned from Scotty that you can play lots and lots of tournaments online.

Geez, I don't know what's worse, Fischman's audacity in turning in this crap to CardPlayer or the fact that the Shulmans actually published it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's worse is you guys keep reading that crap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's worse is you guys keep reading that crap [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Touche! I wasn't going to read Fischman anymore after the first two useless columns he wrote, but then I noticed his newest column was on Online Poker and naively thought he might have shared something useful with the poker world.

At least I didn't pay to read it and there are some good columnists and CardPlayer.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:43 PM

After Robert Varkonyis article anything is an improvement.

"These days, it appears that everybody and his mother are playing in no-limit hold’em poker tournaments: home tournaments, local tournaments, national tournaments, international tournaments, seniors tournaments, college tournaments, celebrity tournaments, televised tournaments, online tournaments, fund-raiser tournaments, professional tournaments, freeroll tournaments, single-table tournaments, rebuy tournaments, satellite tournaments, supersatellite tournaments, shootout tournaments, double shootout tournaments, multilevel qualifier tournaments, heads-up tournaments, championship tournaments, superstar tournaments, superstar championship tournaments, and so on. Poker tournaments seem to have become a national fad, and perhaps even an obsession. Why not? It beats flipping through 600 TV channels when you can’t find anything new and interesting to watch."

Thats 20% of the article. It's like when I was in middle school and I would try to extend sentences to meet word requirements. I bet they paid Fishman extra for not doing that.

PS - I'm quite certain everyone has already made fun of that article, I didn't get a chance to though.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After Robert Varkonyis article anything is an improvement.

"These days, it appears that everybody and his mother are playing in no-limit hold’em poker tournaments: home tournaments, local tournaments, national tournaments, international tournaments, seniors tournaments, college tournaments, celebrity tournaments, televised tournaments, online tournaments, fund-raiser tournaments, professional tournaments, freeroll tournaments, single-table tournaments, rebuy tournaments, satellite tournaments, supersatellite tournaments, shootout tournaments, double shootout tournaments, multilevel qualifier tournaments, heads-up tournaments, championship tournaments, superstar tournaments, superstar championship tournaments, and so on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He must have watched a Forrest Gump re-rerun before writing that...
Old 01-20-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does he have a condom on his head [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I'm taking this slam dunk, but since nobody else will...

He's wearing a condom on his head because he's Boyd's tool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2005, 05:08 PM

Oklahoma Johnny Hale hosts the Senior Tourney every year at Foxwoods. So they let him use a poker table to display all the stuff he's trying to sell including his book. So during the break I go over and say hello and peruse the book.

I find the chapter that lists the two most important aspects to winning a tourney. And they are:

When you're all in you;

1. Must have your hand hold up when you're ahead.
2. Must draw out on your opponent when you're behind.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I loved his use of big words like, "plethora." It was kind of Mike Tyson-esque.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was thinking more along the lines of...

[/ QUOTE ]
!
LMFAO, that what the first thing i thought of, El Guapo
Old 01-20-2005, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why does he have a condom on his head [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe I'm taking this slam dunk, but since nobody else will...

He's wearing a condom on his head because he's Boyd's tool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it has been there since conception.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:50 PM

I'm willing to bet he makes a semi-coherent breakdown of how to play in each of the phases. I like seeing Fischman get flamed as much as anyone, but try to put some effort into it.
Old 01-20-2005, 06:14 PM

I actually have nothing against the guy. Except that he seems like a total douchebag.