Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2005, 07:47 AM

Default Heavy Action, Party 2/4, How I play it?

No reads on button, MP2 is a poor loose/passive player who would play any 2 suited and any two broadway so after the heavy action on the flop I put him on K 10. So my check on the turn was an attempt to save bets. Once it was raised behind me should I just gone ahead and capped it? Lead out the betting in the first place? Anyone consider folding on the turn?

Thanks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.87 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 28.87 BB
Old 01-20-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Heavy Action, Party 2/4, How I play it?

I would lead the turn and call a raise. Couldn't two pair be a likely holding for the button? I don't think I ever fold top set on the turn. You have too many outs and the pot is too big to fold.

Krishan
Old 01-20-2005, 08:25 AM

Bet the Flop. You put in the last raise pre-Flop so they are expecting you to bet and may become suspicious if you don't. You also certainly don't want the Flop to get checked around, as not only is that a disaster when you have a monster hand, but also a free card could easily kill your hand. MP2 is loose/passive so you can't expect a bet from him, and Button could easily have AK and take the freebie. Also, if you bet, and someone did flop a decent hand, you will hopefully get raised and you can 3-bet.

Bet the Turn. I am not by any means I am convinced I am behind just yet. Button raised pre-Flop. I'm putting him on JJ or 99 before I'm putting him on KT.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone consider folding on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be ridiculous. You have 10 outs vs KT, and are ahead of JJ and 99, which are very possible holdings.

-Brian
Old 01-20-2005, 08:38 AM

What happened to MP2? He just vanished on the turn.

I lead the turn and call an MP2 raise. If MP2 calls my bet and the button raises, then I 3-bet. I don't fold the turn in any scenario.

Since you chose to check the turn and MP2 failed to bet, I would checkraise when the button bets.

In future posts, I would leave the river action out, since it isn't necessary to the discussion and may influence people's responses.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:43 AM

Simple: Lead the flop, Bet/Call the turn, Bet/Raise/Raise/Raise the river.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:49 AM

MP2 vanished on turn because his last raise put him all-in.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MP2 vanished on turn because his last raise put him all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should have capped the turn as you are ahead of the button.