Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 12:45 PM

Default A crazy dream.

I had this dream a while ago where I'm standing outside of a house, I have just come out of it. It is dark, and there is wind blowing. A telephone pole falls down into the street, spitting sparks everywhere. There is a man sitting in a barber's chair in the middle of the street, his face covered with shaving cream. There is a woman standing next to him, she is bout to give him a shave. I run past them across the street, the wind blowing so hard that it almost impedes my movement. I come to a house that has curtains on the outside of the front window. I run between the curtains and the window and look inside as I pass, there are people sitting inside, completely still. I'm back where I started and the scene repeats itself. each time when I get to the house and look in at the people, I arrive back in front of the house where I started. This happens maybe six times. I notice that the scene keeps repeating itself, so this time, after the telephone pole falls, I run up to the man in the barber's chair. I reach up and take some of the shaving cream off his face, attempting to cause a reaction. He doesn't budge, the woman just stands there, smiling, her eyes fixed somewhere in the distance. The shaving cream is no longer in my hand, and I'm running toward the second house again. Instead of going to the window again, I go inside. I make my way to the room that I'd seen from outside, and find it empty. I look at the window, waiting. I see me outside, running backward between the window and the curtain.

Do you think there's anything to dream interperetation?
Old 01-19-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: A crazy dream.

I'd say you're in a rut. Are you?

BTW, count me to be one of the folks in the dreams are just dreams camp.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, an interperetation, followed by the statement "dreams are just dreams."

A rut? Yes. But still, who are these people in the street? Why doesn't anybody but me move? Why do I see myself, and see myself moving in reverse? WTF!? I certainly hope they don't mean anything. BTW, yeah, I don't give much credit to the theory that your dreams mean stuff, but I have had some that were pretty clearly about my real life.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, an interperetation, followed by the statement "dreams are just dreams."

A rut? Yes. But still, who are these people in the street? Why doesn't anybody but me move? Why do I see myself, and see myself moving in reverse? WTF!? I certainly hope they don't mean anything. BTW, yeah, I don't give much credit to the theory that your dreams mean stuff, but I have had some that were pretty clearly about my real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I put myself in a "ok, suppose you think dreams do mean things, what would you think this one meant" frame of mind, then answered. Then followed up with the standard CYA response.

Have you had this dream more than once? If so, were you doing a specific thing before you went to sleep? It's a weird one, I'll give you that.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:11 PM

Only had it once. It was really vivid, though, and I don't usually remember my dreams. This one sticks out because I can clearly remember how it felt.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:18 PM

Ya thats some dream! I always have wacky dreams myself and always very vivid. Last night was due to that horrible spider bite thread. I hate spiders.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:30 PM

I'd say that you feeling like you are stuck in a rut is exactly what this dream represents.

The man in the street is a random mundane event in life. Yes he may be out of place in the street but I don't think that is relevant, it is the overall feel and message of the dream that is important. The fact that nobody but you moves is an indication that nothing changes. When you enter the room and everyone has gone, maybe this shows you are isolated and feel other people exclude you (too much online poker?!!). Seeing yourself run past the window in reverse is again representing that nothing changes through your life, and you are repeating the same routines.

I am very much in the camp that dreams do absolutely mean stuff. It is your brain working while you sleep, it is your own introverted thoughts being represented. It is not like religion or superstitions which I categorise as pure nonsense. Dreams are your brain interpretting your life and experiences.

When I wake up in the morning, I like to think about any dream I have had, and work out what it means. I believe that when awake, most people delude themselves in their thoughts, whereas dreams are a very real interpretation of what we believe, though when we are fully awake we do not want to admit these beliefs or interpretations to ourselves.

Disclaimer: I am no expert on this subject, but I do believe that dreams always occur for a reason - after all a dream is created by your brain without any outside source.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:15 PM

When I read this, the first thing I think is that it's a metaphor for your poker career. The "house" you just came out of was your world before you played poker. When you arrive outside, this is your forray into the micros where things seem out of place and/or erroneuous. Despite the chaos, it is not immediately frightening, just strange.

The move to the next house (limit) is a difficult one. For whatever reason, it seems like even arriving there was a struggle. Looking into this "house", it seems populated and approachable, yet when you get in there, you find that things are not as they seemed. i.e. - this should be more money, but it is difficult.

Having had to repeat things over and over without success (i.e. - bad beats), you return to the fundamentals of poker, and see if a change made there can impact the scenario differently (the shaving cream on the hand). This does not seem to affect matters much, and so you are going back to the second house, assuming that despite the confusion, this has to be the correct path.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:20 PM

Try posting this in the QLC Dreams Forum. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try posting this in the QLC Dreams Forum. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

try not being a bitch. No really, try it out.