Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: I was accused of cheating last night

When I pick up a big pot from an "improbable" play (read: lucky (read: fishy)), I usually make some comment about me being a "Bot", "Shill", or "Happy that online poker is rigged".

Of course, at .25/.50, none of us are seriously concerned about cheats. But, it loosens up the game a bit.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:19 AM

I just play to have fun.

you come to a forum, nay, a site, dedicated to serious poker players, only, and you have the gall to insult everyone here by saying you can beat our more than holy game even though you only "just play to have fun"???

welcome to the Zoo - methinks you will fit right in
Old 01-19-2005, 11:27 AM

Just ignore crap like that. Life is too short to be worried about what all those loser crybabies think. There's just too damned many of them out there.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One time my father sat down on a table with me. I called him and asked him why he sat down at my table and he didnt even realize I was there, an example of how observant he is when he plays online.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting you were cheating, but if someone would alert PP, that *would* look suspicous (avoiding each other's big hands is one way of colluding).
Old 01-19-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It helps that I know the game and win more than I lose

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
yes, I'll continue to educate the losers

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
apologies to anyone offended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is a zero sum game. Your winnings come only when your opponents make mistakes. If all your opponents stop making mistakes, you will not continue to "win more than you lose" for long -- all the money will just be shuffling randomly around the table, slowly being eaten up by the rake.

I don't think anyone here is offended; you are of course free to behave however you like at the table. However, when you start making posts in response to people's questions giving the same poor advice, then you should naturally expect a few dissenting replies.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, yes, I'll continue to educate the losers and discuss my strategy. If it comes back to bite me in the rear, so be it. I'm not out to become the next big thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people at your table are just playing for fun, some people at your table are serious about learning and improving their game. You are ruining the game for these people when you discuss strategy.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:07 PM

I don't know about you, but I just LOVE cheating in those high stakes 1-2 games. Man, there's a ton of money to be made in there, woohoooooo!!! Just ignore anybody that accuses you of that nonsense. No one is going to develop a program to cheat and then play 1-2.