Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 09:39 AM

Default KQs trips

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

<font color="green">Kewl, tripped up! Ima smooth call this flop and C/R him on the turn, good plan? I doubt UTG+1 is trying to buy the button or a free card with his terrible position.</font>

Turn: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="green">It worked, haha! Except the 3bet, he has the last K probably, or would he have called 2 cold PF in EP with 22/66? K2/K6? Well, I've seen worse, anythings possible I guess.. I wasn't really expecting any resistance, should I pop him once more here?</font>

River: (13.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="green">I figure I'll bet and call a raise if he does.. I'm not a huge stop-n-go fan, that turn 3-bet just startled me a little.. I dont wanna call the turn and check the riv and give him a free SD. But I dont wanna cap, lead the river, and get raised either. And a cap/check would just be weird.</font>

Final Pot: 15.25 BB
Old 01-19-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: KQs trips

Any reads on your opponent?

I'd probably cap the turn and lead the river. If he's got you beat then that's ok, you're going to win this one way more often than not.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any reads on your opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I just bought in, this is my first UTG of the session. I have no hands on anyone here.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:14 AM

I also would have capped the turn and bet/called the river. To be honest, I'm a little more worried about AK than I am about K6. I see a fair number of people just coldcall with this. But obviously I'm not worried enough to slow down yet.