Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 02:19 AM

Default Simple questions, on poker tracker and hands Thanks !!!

1. If the board has quads, who wins, high card like Ace or split pot ?
2. If you need to have a large number of hands to show your true win rate/ etc and other stats as on poker tracker, then how can you use the poker tracker data obtained in a short time when you data mine the tables and use that as an indicator of play ? It seems contradictory to me. Hope this question makes some sense.
3. If the board has a flush draw with 2 suited cards, and you hold Ace x same suit, am i correct in raises for value till the river if I am betting first/ last or does position matter ? Especially the pots when you donot hit it.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Simple questions, on poker tracker and hands Thanks !!!

1. This will depend. If you had AK, your opponent had QJ, and the board read 3333T you would win. If it read 3333A, however, you would split. Make the best five card hand.

2. Win rate takes thousands and thousands of hands to reach a fairly accurate measurement. However, when observing opponent play, it's more important to look at things other than win rate. Their VPIP (Voluntarily Put $ Into the Pot %) can show you how tight / loose they are (interpretation of this depends, < 25% is fairly tight and > 30% is loose). Also look at PFR (pre-flop raise) percentages to determine aggression pre-flop. You can also examine aggression factors by looking at the detailed data. Whereas win rate takes thousands of hands to settle, you can recognize patterns in looseness/tightness and passiveness/aggressiveness fairly quickly.

3. This question goes a bit deeper and depends on a number of factors (absolute position, position relative to the aggressor, number of people in the pot, their tendencies to call, raise, or fold). This post should shed some light on your question. Huge Pot Look at illunious's question and John Shaft's reply.