Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Letter to a compulsive gamber (anonymous and long)

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, give some loser the phone number to GA and tell them how they are ruining their lives. Then report back. I predict you will be disappointed in your efforts.

To those that feel sorry for losers and think it's your job to help save them, I seriously ask: Do you not have enough family and friends to help? Why do you wish to help compulsive gambler/strangers at a poker table who will just go DAAAAHHHH when they take your money???

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know if the bold part is directed to me, but it was an answer at my post so i guess so. So i just wanna say:

Why would they take my money ? I take the money from those who sit at my table if the skill and luck allows me too. But i dont like your way of thinking that we should kick on people that are already on the ground.

Sure they will probably not listen and thats not much to do anything about, but it sounds like you are to much afraid to go to another human being that you dont know and confront them with their addiction- They will probably laugh and say that they doesnt have any addiction but its very sad if you tek are so greedy that u dont see the need to atleast try to help.

What if this where playing slots or craps would that be any diffrent ?