Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2002, 03:19 PM

Default Flopping Quads

I watched a bad player play 10/10/3/6 UP FRONT!He got a lucky flop 10/10/5..He checked,as did the five other players.The turn is a:3He bet and got 2 callers,The river a low comes and he split the pot with the one caller.Do you like his check on the flop giving a free card to the low draws?If he were to come rite out with a bet with 5 players behind him it seems he would have gotten a couple dis-blievers,chasers,lets say 1 maby 2 callers.Now if a big card comes on the turn he gets the dead low moneys.In this senerial I would have came rite out and bet the hand.But I can see good arguments for checking the flop.Watcha think?
Old 10-13-2002, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Flopping Quads

probably a bad play especially if it was raised going in. he by giving a free card to pick up low draws gives away part of the pot. minus the chances a high card comes on 4th st. which gives him action. in a tight game i might check it as well to try and win a bigger pot against a high hand. but with lots of callers i would rather just win it there or get loose callers who may be drawing dead.