Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Party poker affiliate revenue on hold: players have not played much

I own a small website with some poker banners, for each player i refer i receive $65. All of a sudden Party decided to freeze my affiliate account because apparently the players referred by me do not play much. Is this legal by any means ?? I believe we have an agreement that for each player i refer to Party i receive $65, i am not responsible if that player decide not to play much with that account. Any thoughts or suggestions about this ?

========

Dear *****,

In response to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that your affiliate revenue is on hold for a temporary basis.

This is due to the fact that the player(s) referred by you have not played much at Party Poker, we need to make sure that the players have signed up with an intention to play.

We do understand you concern, as we expect a long term relationship from our partner's but please cooperate with us and we need to check the accounts to ensure there is no system abuse, your payments are on hold only for temporary basis, and so as soon as the rake generated by your players increase your payments will be made.

If you have further questions and/or concerns, we will be glad to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Affiliate Accounts Team
PartyPoker.com
Old 01-18-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Party poker affiliate revenue on hold: players have not played muc

Smells like bullshit to me.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:17 AM

I believe they frequently do this.

Of course it's "legal".
It's their web-site and their rules.
They even tell you ahead of time that they reserve the option to do this...although they could still do whatever they wanted even if they didn't tell you ahead of time.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:46 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Party poker affiliate revenue on hold: players have not played much

they're just making sure you aren't signing up under multiple accounts, playing a few hands, and collecting $65 for each. if people are legitimately using your site, but not playing there much, then it's not your fault
Old 01-18-2005, 08:59 AM

i wouldnt want to do business with them again most likely after this incident, but if you still want to continue affiliating for them, reply to their email stating that youd like your affiliate account changed over to % of rake from players referred instead of lead payment. they should reinstate your account and this should avoid any future problems. from what i hear the %rake is more profitable than the $65 in most scenarios, so you shouldnt have a problem with the transition.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 PM

I have a similair problem and I used the % of rake program. I received an almost identical email. They owe me $250.00 for the December Bonus Bonanza. I signed up three players but they refuse to pay me until the players play more hands. My concern is that they may make a $50 deposit, bust and figure they are not good enough to play online. It's a load of crap but I have no recourse...