Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Re: How many more year will u Full time in poker? And your furture\'s plan?

Personally, I just started playing poker back in september and feel like I have come a long way since then in terms of skill and earnings.

I am an entrepreneur at heart and have ran multiple business ventures since I was 15 years old. They all had moderate success, but were all done mostly for extra income on top of my full time job.

Currently I am going to be 22 in March and I am in my last stretch of college. I work and go to school full time, making $12.75 an hour that translates to a pitiful $20k a year. Now that I am playing poker, I am looking to make about $18k for 2005. With the two combined I will be making a very decent amount of money for someone my age. I realize it is nothing close to what many of you make or aspire towards but at the spot that I am in in my life, it is sufficient.

My next business venture that I am currently in pre-production on is running a multimedia company with a large portion of the profits coming from e-commerce. I intend to keep working full time and playing poker once I graduate in a few months, while running my business at the same time. I will use my poker winnings to fund the capital of running my business and once that takes off I will quit my job and focus on the business full time.

I will continue playing poker to supplement my income and from there the sky is the limit.

Good topic btw, i look forward to other's responses.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: How many more year will u Full time in poker? And your furture\'s plan?

[ QUOTE ]
WTF people keep asking for money on net? Borrow it from the your bank or from your friend if u are a good man in live and I don't think u are .........guarantee? more stupid, The larger bank is also only can get back their 90% of their money.........
There are too many new posters asking for money in this few month on here......do they think we are this stupid to throw money to sea........btw poker pro is smart in money and maths so don't asking any more money again

[/ QUOTE ] - Kim2005
Thread In response to someone asking for money.

I just can't understand this guy.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: How many more year will u Full time in poker? And your furture\'s p

[ QUOTE ]
Please continue to post and ignore these pricks who think America is the only country on this planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait...
Old 01-18-2005, 07:49 PM

[quote I realize it is nothing close to what many of you make or aspire towards but at the spot that I am in in my life, it is sufficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your earning is so much coz u r still a student.....it is lucky for those student's part-time/pro can play poker and earn a lot,so u can to whatever u want after graduate and it can totally change your life coz u have so much money saved .

I just meet poker and start playing it after I guaduated and now it is already 1 yrs and I just told myself for 2 yrs full time poker and then decide what I should do.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:52 PM

There are many idiots in America (I am sure there are many elsewhere) but here there are many who seem to think that their voice deserves to be louder and is more important. However, there are also many Americans who feel, think, and act differently, giving respect to other nationalities, countries, and viewpoints.

Anyways - hopefully I can make enough extra money playing online this year to fund an extra vacation or two. I love travelling and exploring the world. I have met many wonderful people and have always been well received. This unilateralist BS doesnt fly with many of us.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:52 PM

Ianso15:
what do u mean? u mean don't under that guy or me? and why post this in here?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:10 PM

Are you kidding or do you not speak english? It seems like you are just crazy, but if you honestly don't speak english, I appoligize. The reason I posted that is because you wrote it in response to someone who was clearly in trouble and needed money and your reply seemed mean, especially since you had just regestered the day earlier and you were mocking someone.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:26 PM

Americans are ignorant for the most part.

I am American.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:28 PM

Yes, America is the strongest country on earth because we are all ignorant. More people want to live here than anywhere else because it sucks so bad. We get it. Can we now just talk about poker on this American poker site?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Americans are ignorant for the most part.

I am American.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree....and me too.

Many Americans are intolerant of foreigners and/or those who don't speak english as their first lannguage.

The percentage of Brits or anyone else in the world of a similar vain is significantly smaller.